cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G750 Notebook Preview and SoundTest

Ermelious
Level 7

Here's a preview of this laptop but it's in low quality. By the way as for the screen issues, i've yet to get my unit, but i've tested the demo sets around my area and all had no issues with the screen while playing some trailers with dark scenes. Unfortunately i couldn't test any game on it, so not sure whether this problem will occur in games or not. Tried installing Crysis 3 and Left 4 Dead on the demo set but both games wouldn't start up (Crysis 3 loaded but all i see is a black screen) (Left 4 Dead loaded to the main menu and didn't responded thereafter)
5 REPLIES 5

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
My G750JW Works perfectly. I bought it from frys in Texas. The sound is crisp and the matte screen is very nice. I have games such as Battlefield 3, Left for Dead 2, Far Cry 3, Grid 2, etc. and they all work fine! This is a great laptop for the money.
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

Anvirol
Level 7
I bought G750JX yesterday from a Finnish retailer.

The good:
For me the screen has no issues and color quality is good, although the white point is leaning a lot towards blue. I fixed that with my Spider3Elite.
Internal speakers are very good though for a laptop.

& Bad:
3,5mm headphone jack has static noise problem and I can't use my headphones at all.
What pisses me off the most are the Asus custom MXM graphic card designs that prevent using reference Geforce notebook drivers. Now I'm stuck with ancient 310.59 drivers, because Asus is not not keeping their VGA drivers up-to-date.
i7-7700k @ 5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero | 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133 MHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC 11 Gbps | ASUS MG279Q | Intel 256GB 600p NVMe | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Anvirol wrote:
I bought G750JX yesterday from a Finnish retailer.

The good:
For me the screen has no issues and color quality is good, although the white point is leaning a lot towards blue. I fixed that with my Spider3Elite.
Internal speakers are very good though for a laptop.

& Bad:
3,5mm headphone jack has static noise problem and I can't use my headphones at all.
What pisses me off the most are the Asus custom MXM graphic card designs that prevent using reference Geforce notebook drivers. Now I'm stuck with ancient 310.59 drivers, because Asus is not not keeping their VGA drivers up-to-date.

Go to laptopvideo2go.com for the latest drivers. They are simply modding INF file, so you not risking anything
G614JV

Anvirol
Level 7
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
i7-7700k @ 5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero | 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133 MHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC 11 Gbps | ASUS MG279Q | Intel 256GB 600p NVMe | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Anvirol wrote:
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Let us know how it goes.
G614JV