cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus presents the G752 at IFA!

ciccio80
Level 9
take a look at this. Comments?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9585/asus-refreshes-rog-laptops-with-g752-and-liquid-cooled-gx700-seri...

G752: not much upgrade from G751, same basic tecnology (980m) but better CPU (not that we need one, the current Intel CPU's can digest everything). I think if you have G751, better wait for new tecnology (next nvidia gpu family)

GX700: It's ugly and cumbersome. I think it is a fake. Someone at Asus is trolling big time 😛
25 REPLIES 25

MrRuckus wrote:
Im not interested in the GX700, but I am interested in the G752 with 4k screen. I want the 4k for work tasks. Hopefully 4k can look good without being
too small on a 17inch screen. I have a G750 currently and was looking at another brand since Asus decided to go 4GB on the 980's when others
went with 8GB. Now that they are back on the 8GB bandwagon with the G752, Im thinking about staying with ROG. I really want to see how the 4k
screen scales though and see if games will be fine at 1080p. I dont really care to game at 4k on a 17inch screen, I can see everything being way too
small, not to mention the 980 will struggle. 1080p would be just fine. I also like the build quality of ROG laptops to others. Something I was seriously
going to miss going with an MSI or something along those lines.

Anyone know if a date on when these will be available? I think I saw a date of December 2015?

We were told delivery early november if we wanted to order from our vendor but that may be different for mass retail.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MrRuckus wrote:
Im not interested in the GX700, but I am interested in the G752 with 4k screen. I want the 4k for work tasks. Hopefully 4k can look good without being
too small on a 17inch screen. I have a G750 currently and was looking at another brand since Asus decided to go 4GB on the 980's when others
went with 8GB. Now that they are back on the 8GB bandwagon with the G752, Im thinking about staying with ROG. I really want to see how the 4k
screen scales though and see if games will be fine at 1080p. I dont really care to game at 4k on a 17inch screen, I can see everything being way too
small, not to mention the 980 will struggle. 1080p would be just fine. I also like the build quality of ROG laptops to others. Something I was seriously
going to miss going with an MSI or something along those lines.

Anyone know if a date on when these will be available? I think I saw a date of December 2015?

If G752 Costs The same Then Great if Not no.
If you have an Internet connection that could support the size of 4k videos then go for it but do not expect good gaming performance in 4k.

personally the only reason one might get a 4k laptop is :

- when either you can game on 4k
- your internet is strong enough to run 4k videos.

None of the Mobile or Desktop GPUS Are Capable of that yet even at low settings. Some Games Do Run but It will have to be 980 Ti Overclocked. As for Mobile GPUS They are out of Question, While they are Defiantly overclock able to some extent they are limited due to power/voltage limitation. .. As for the great cooling I think you must buy it if you want to cool your laptop, but really if I want this thing I would get a desktop, don't feel like paying for a laptop just to put an extra large cooler next to me when I game.

G752 Also comes with 1080p screen but if you are willing to game with 4k screen I am not sure if any mobile gpu is capable of that. And Watching youtube at 4k would be a pain unless you have a 4 MB Connection.

Nader wrote:
If G752 Costs The same Then Great if Not no.
If you have an Internet connection that could support the size of 4k videos then go for it but do not expect good gaming performance in 4k.

personally the only reason one might get a 4k laptop is :

- when either you can game on 4k
- your internet is strong enough to run 4k videos.

None of the Mobile or Desktop GPUS Are Capable of that yet even at low settings. Some Games Do Run but It will have to be 980 Ti Overclocked. As for Mobile GPUS They are out of Question, While they are Defiantly overclock able to some extent they are limited due to power/voltage limitation. .. As for the great cooling I think you must buy it if you want to cool your laptop, but really if I want this thing I would get a desktop, don't feel like paying for a laptop just to put an extra large cooler next to me when I game.

G752 Also comes with 1080p screen but if you are willing to game with 4k screen I am not sure if any mobile gpu is capable of that. And Watching youtube at 4k would be a pain unless you have a 4 MB Connection.

4k has applications in photography and video editing which can be done with a 980m i use my g751 with a 4k screen right now, but your correct gaming is a long way off unless you like running games on low quality.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

clockworksatan
Level 7
Two months after I buy my G751, this is unveiled. *cries*

...Don't get me wrong, I love my G751 but it would've been nice to have the latest model. I'm not 100% sure I like the looks of it better than the 751, I love the black/red stealth look better than the silver.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

clockworksatan wrote:
Two months after I buy my G751, this is unveiled. *cries*

...Don't get me wrong, I love my G751 but it would've been nice to have the latest model. I'm not 100% sure I like the looks of it better than the 751, I love the black/red stealth look better than the silver.

I'm actually on the fence about either waiting or buying a G751. I'm really not sure what I want to do. If it's early November that might be too long to wait..
I would only be getting the 1080p 980m model so I'm wondering if it's even worth my time waiting giving the minor differences between the models.

chackle wrote:
I'm actually on the fence about either waiting or buying a G751. I'm really not sure what I want to do. If it's early November that might be too long to wait..
I would only be getting the 1080p 980m model so I'm wondering if it's even worth my time waiting giving the minor differences between the models.

Hmm... Considering all of the hoo-ha over G-Sync I reckon I'd wait and get the G752 if I were you. I wish I'd known it was coming otherwise I might have waited.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

clockworksatan wrote:
Hmm... Considering all of the hoo-ha over G-Sync I reckon I'd wait and get the G752 if I were you. I wish I'd known it was coming otherwise I might have waited.

Isn't G-Sync available on the G751?

clockworksatan wrote:

Its overrated. At least we are not missing a lot only G-Syn Which is Great but not Really Earth Shaking
and 4k which most likely will cost too much for no gaming performance at 4k.

I mean I would love 4 but either if GPU Could handle it or my internet connection could handle it.
And I am not fond at looking at Photos or photo editing , I like to play videos at latest resolution my monitor could support and I like to play video games but to do that on G752 I would need to reduce the resolution to

/4 My Monitor Support Since 4k is like 4 times 1080p which would look ugly 1k on 4k monitor to gain performance and also to be able to play youtube videos which are 4 times larger than 1k.

tl;dr
It would have been cool to wait for g752 but we are not missing any thing really.
Their isn't a GPU In G752 Not available in G751 (Except 990m which is an overkill).

Just wait for Pascal. Its the next big thing that one would do 4k and dx12 Full support.

I'm in a desperate need for a new mobile rig right now so I'm about to break down and purchase a G751 instead of waiting. However I can't quite bring my self to do it yet because if the G752 comes out before my November 11th deadline I know I'll be going through buyers remorse. To those who have been watching the ROG announcements for a while. do you have any speculation on a release date based on previous patterns?

Edweird
Level 10
I think the G751 and G750 came in sometime during their respective months of October or November.