cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus presents the G752 at IFA!

ciccio80
Level 9
take a look at this. Comments?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9585/asus-refreshes-rog-laptops-with-g752-and-liquid-cooled-gx700-seri...

G752: not much upgrade from G751, same basic tecnology (980m) but better CPU (not that we need one, the current Intel CPU's can digest everything). I think if you have G751, better wait for new tecnology (next nvidia gpu family)

GX700: It's ugly and cumbersome. I think it is a fake. Someone at Asus is trolling big time 😛
25 REPLIES 25

aeolisio
Level 10
NVME with a 6820 will be a nice upgrade.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

joshindaphils
Level 11
Looks like a nice evolution of the G-series flagship. Not a fan of the copper colour though, good thing it isn't the only color option. I like all the metal as well, plus the connectivity upgrades. Won't be upgrading my G751 for this, but maybe worth the wait if you don't need a new PC right away.

That GX700 looks kinda crazy, looks like external video cards are an option... plus factory watercooling in a laptop... interesting looking forward to more info..

Edweird
Level 10
Meh, the DDR4 memory and the CPU aren't much of an upgrade at all. In fact the 6700 is just a few points ahead according to all benchmarks. I do like the looks better. N-key rollover and actual NVMe support are great.

The new CPU's are at a 14nm lithography, should help a lot with temps.

Of course, it comes with G-SYNC...

Tindreal
Level 7
Dont forget that the new G752 will have a new, much better cooling system, so hopefully we can say goodbye to the 90C cpu temperature during Battlefield 4.
Also dont forget that there will be several variants of the G752, one will have 4Gb video memory and the other will have 8Gb video memory.

I think a G752 with Skylake cpu+fullHD Gsync screen+GTX 980M with 8Gb GDDR5+new cooling system will be a good upgrade.

As for thr GX700, dont forget that the system will work without that ugly tumor, that extra unit is only mandatory if you want to overclock the GTX 990M or the Skylake cpu (CPU OC will be supported).

Tindreal wrote:
Dont forget that the new G752 will have a new, much better cooling system, so hopefully we can say goodbye to the 90C cpu temperature during Battlefield 4.
Also dont forget that there will be several variants of the G752, one will have 4Gb video memory and the other will have 8Gb video memory.

I think a G752 with Skylake cpu+fullHD Gsync screen+GTX 980M with 8Gb GDDR5+new cooling system will be a good upgrade.

As for thr GX700, dont forget that the system will work without that ugly tumor, that extra unit is only mandatory if you want to overclock the GTX 990M or the Skylake cpu (CPU OC will be supported).

What are you talking about the cooling in the g751 is fantastic and the new g752 looks to be slightly slimmer which wont increase cooling. That 90c is because the 4860 and 4870 run very very hot in any machine. Aside from the water cooled variant you will probably see the same temps on a similar chip.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tindreal wrote:

GTX980M Is already and over kill.
Pascal would be MUCH Better it will come out next year in 2016 with DX12 Features.

G752 Is not an upgrade to G751 Users because they ship with the same GPUS At the G751 Only With extra bulky cooler.
I would have rathered it to ship with a GRAPHIC Amplifier like Alienware but built inside the laptop the way you can add your desktop graphic card inside the laptop or a replaceable GPU.

Tindreal wrote:
Dont forget that the new G752 will have a new, much better cooling system

Hi Tindreal, I think that's pure speculation before we see it in action. Actually, externally the G751 e G752 are practicaly identical, so the cooling sistem is probably going to be the same (they will add a dust protection system thou).
And the cooling is already very good in G751. I assume you get 90° on Battlefield because like most gamers you play without V-Sync (hence the high temperatures since the GPU always works on 100%).

For newcomers, the G752 will be a good choice. Forthose who already own the G751....not worth the extra expense, better to wait for a new tecnology (Pascal?).
Not to mention it will probably arrive here in Italy only by february 2016 😛

Nader
Level 8
Wait for NVidia Pascal. And Wait for a decent DX12 Grahpic Chip.
only people who have too much money on their hand would upgrade to this one, or the ones able to sell the g751.
I wouldn't really upgrade if I had the money for reasons :

- GTX980M (Or GTX970M Overclocked) Is already an over kill for 1080p gaming
- 4k gaming is not yet growing and you might not notice difference on 17.3 inch
- G752 Does not add any thing performance wise compared to G751 if you do not overclock which is pointless for today games benchmarks.
- Current GPUS Does not Fully support DX12 - Save for the GPU That Can Use DX12 Instead of this or you will be disappointed later.

Take the Cooler away ), its no thing special compared to g751 you are rebuying the whole unit for an extra cooler.

MrRuckus
Level 10
Im not interested in the GX700, but I am interested in the G752 with 4k screen. I want the 4k for work tasks. Hopefully 4k can look good without being
too small on a 17inch screen. I have a G750 currently and was looking at another brand since Asus decided to go 4GB on the 980's when others
went with 8GB. Now that they are back on the 8GB bandwagon with the G752, Im thinking about staying with ROG. I really want to see how the 4k
screen scales though and see if games will be fine at 1080p. I dont really care to game at 4k on a 17inch screen, I can see everything being way too
small, not to mention the 980 will struggle. 1080p would be just fine. I also like the build quality of ROG laptops to others. Something I was seriously
going to miss going with an MSI or something along those lines.

Anyone know if a date on when these will be available? I think I saw a date of December 2015?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72