cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus presents the G752 at IFA!

ciccio80
Level 9
take a look at this. Comments?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9585/asus-refreshes-rog-laptops-with-g752-and-liquid-cooled-gx700-seri...

G752: not much upgrade from G751, same basic tecnology (980m) but better CPU (not that we need one, the current Intel CPU's can digest everything). I think if you have G751, better wait for new tecnology (next nvidia gpu family)

GX700: It's ugly and cumbersome. I think it is a fake. Someone at Asus is trolling big time 😛
25 REPLIES 25

Boxis
Level 7

Oh... well now i need that... i wonder the price tag that's going to carry

Zaedric
Level 8
Not so sure if its officially confirmed but I believe the g752 w/ gx700 water cooling will come with the gtx 980 desktop GPU! Many of news videos on YouTube mentions the asus having one so Let's only hope.

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
True... Just see this video around the 3 minutes, you will see the GX700 in the left side of the image, on the desk. That was a Nvidia Invitation for demonstration of the new GTX980 on a Laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcrJkF9aMXc

Also on minute 3:45

And here, in minute 5:20

The GPU itself will have 8 Power Phases for providing voltage to the GPU stably.

Laptops that will have the GTX980:
Aorus X7 DT - G-Sync;
Clevo P870DM - G-Sync;
Clevo P775DM - G-Sync;
Asus GX700VO - G-Sync, Watercooled;
MSI GT72 - G-Sync;
MSI GT80 - G-Sync, SLI;

These laptops will be beasts in gaming. Also the Power Bricks will be HUGE (If I think that my GL551JW is big compared with my old M51TR, this one will be a monster);

Black Phoenix wrote:
Laptops that will have the GTX980:
Aorus X7 DT - G-Sync;
Clevo P870DM - G-Sync;
Clevo P775DM - G-Sync;
Asus GX700VO - G-Sync, Watercooled;
MSI GT72 - G-Sync;
MSI GT80 - G-Sync, SLI;

These laptops will be beasts in gaming. Also the Power Bricks will be HUGE (If I think that my GL551JW is big compared with my old M51TR, this one will be a monster);

Honestly, I'm disappointed that G752 won't feature full GTX980 (only the pointless GX700 will) while MSI will offer them in both GT80 flagship (even 2 of them in SLI) and GT72, as well. I was planning to upgrade from my current G751JY, but now I see no point in doing that. IMHO ASUS is only trying to make more money from people who want more performance by selling them the ridiculously priced GX700. I think that if G752 would feature GTX980 (almost) nobody would buy GX700. This time, MSI is the winner here.

QC_AGENT
Level 7
No point of selling my G751JY over a G752. I consider the 751 as a keeper. It's overall configuration is a winner. However, The GTX980D solution is definitely a huge step up, having the full power of the desktop GPU into the Laptop is finaly possible. I see the next Pascal Gen GPU to follow the same pattern and be fully implemented into laptop without the need of a Mobile step down. I will then consider the upgrade.

With the upcoming Samsung 14nm printing technology and the 3D chips stacking trend, the memory improvements and the Pascal GPU release, I foresee an upgrade over the G751 to becomes pertinent not before the end of 2016 or early 2017.