cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS N550JK vs G56JK

atsiha
Level 7
I was researching about these two models in past days, but I couldn't decide which one is better for me. I'm a software engineer and I need to get enough speed to do my job as fast as it's possible. I also play games (such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Crysis, etc.), watch movies, listen to musics and so on. so it would be a multi-purpose laptop to me.

in my country, both laptops are available in Core i7-4710HQ processor, the N550JK has 8GB of RAM and the G56JK has 12GB of it. both of them have Intel HD 4600 & GTX550M 4GB as their graphic cards. the most things are about the same, even the price. but there are some differences:

1. N550JK has FHD IPS 1920x1080 Bright display with Touchpad but the G56JK has FHD EWV 1366x768 display with Matte-Cover. I also can find the N550JK without touchpad and with matte-cover. But the main thing to me is the resolution and picture quality. Actually I prefer matte against bright displays. Also it seems the G56JK includes some more technologies in display such as Splendid. *** There is a point here and that's the stores in my country claim that their G56JK has FHD IPS 1920x1080 display. but the asus main website says another thing. I don't know what is the reality!?! ***

2. N550JK seems to has a better design in details but the G56JK seems to be ticker and has not the same beauty. Actually I prefer dark and red design in G56JK against the silver and white in N550JK.

3. N550JK has more speaker-microphone arrays in around, but G56JK has only two of them, I'm not really sure which one provides better audio, but both of them use the same thechnologies.

4. N550JK has 4-cell Li-Polymer battery but the G56JK has 6-cell Li-Ion which I think it will be damaged in a less time.

5. N550JK seems to have a better cooling system with dual-fan design and air outlet in the back, but the G56JK has only one fan and the outlet is in the left side which may has a little disturb. I think it's really important that the cooling system be able to keep down the temperature.

At the end, i note that, i'll change the Memory and Storage after purchase and use the below items:

- Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance® - 16GB High Performance Laptop Memory Upgrade Kit (CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9)
- Storage: CORSAIR Neutron Series™ GTX - 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD (CSSD-N480GBGTXB-BK)

I also may add the second storage with a caddy instead of Optic Disk Drive and use:

- Storage: Western Digital Internal Mobile 2.5-inch Hard Drive WD Black2 (WD7500BPKX)

to make the system, even faster.

What's your idea?
0 REPLIES 0