cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Going Global? Not!

PILGRIM
Level 11
What kind of marketing strategy does ASUS have?
Why is it that its G-series laptops are only being sold in North America and Europe?

I find it really perplexing and disappointing. G-series consumers, like me, who don't live in
those parts of the world, find this situation burdensome. Really burdensome.
Imagine paying about 1/4 more of the total cost of a G-series unit for delivery and customs duty.
(I bought my G74 in the States through an e-tailer, and spent a total of $2,500.)

It's ironic. The G-series factories are in China and Taiwan. But no authorized resellers here
(in China, at least). And if I need some replacement parts for my G74, I will have to buy them
in the States. And if I buy a new G-series laptop, I will have to undergo the same process again.

So, why couldn't ASUS sell to other strategic regions i.e. Asia, South America, Africa, etc.?
Doesn't it make more business sense for ASUS to do this?

Global ASUS? Not.
ASUS G74SX-3DE
7 REPLIES 7

Alilas
Level 7
I'm in tunisia and i have a g74sx 3d version bought in december 2011
AsusG74SX 3D 8GB 1333 DD3 *2 WD Scorpio Black HDD 500 GO I7 2670QM
Moded Bios .203(Fix Throttle Problem and Active AES For full Instructions http://dkillone.com/?p=52

chrsplmr
Level 18
Pilgrim .. Yes, that makes perfect sense .. to us. Wonder why ?
I would think there would be a China/Taiwan SuperROG Store...
or DisCount OutLet .... hmmm .. what do they own in those
markets that they 'do' sell ? if anything.

dstrakele
Level 14
PILGRIM wrote:
What kind of marketing strategy does ASUS have?
Why is it that its G-series laptops are only being sold in North America and Europe?

I find it really perplexing and disappointing...

It's ironic. The G-series factories are in China and Taiwan. But no authorized resellers here
(in China, at least).

So, why couldn't ASUS sell to other strategic regions i.e. Asia, South America, Africa, etc.?
Doesn't it make more business sense for ASUS to do this?

Naaa - China doesn't wanna stank up da 'hood with this junk. The populace would riot...
;>{)>
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Alilas wrote:
I'm in tunisia and i have a g74sx 3d version bought in december 2011

So it means you're in the same boat as I am.. Where did you buy your G74?

chrsplmr wrote:
Pilgrim .. Yes, that makes perfect sense .. to us. Wonder why ?
I would think there would be a China/Taiwan SuperROG Store...
or DisCount OutLet .... hmmm .. what do they own in those
markets that they 'do' sell ? if anything.

In fact, in the city where I live, you can buy almost anything that has an ASUS brand on it.
Except for these darn G-series notebooks. Grrr...

dstrakele wrote:
Naaa - China doesn't wanna stank up da 'hood with this junk. The populace would riot...
;>{)>

LOL!!
ASUS G74SX-3DE

chrsplmr
Level 18
ouch !!! ......

PILGRIM
Level 11
@ASUS:

For the past months that I've been here on this ROG Forums, I've somehow realized
that for a few times, you listen to your costumers' recommendations, and many times,
you don't (or is it?).

But please do your non-North American/European customers a favor (and your company, too),
and go totally global and sell your G-series to any of the other strategic cities or locations you've left behind.
Your G-series, specifically the G74, is your self-proclaimed flagship (soon to be uncrowned by the G75).
So, why not make it readily within reach to anybody who would want them?

I, for one, had been, and will continue to patronize your products.
BUT, for as long as you will also do the same as your loyal customers do to you..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

OmegaMan
Level 7
Kind of reminds me about apple product line, produced in cheap labor countries, then sold back around the globe from the states warehouse distributors or whatever you'd like to call it.
Did the ram tweak, and got downclocked