cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VW Left Mouse Button Doesn't Press Correctly

Ichigo0Soul
Level 9
I've had my Asus G75VW since roughly February, and I've loved it (minus the dead pixels, as I had referenced in another thread). Anyway, today (and for the past couple weeks) the issue I'm having is that my left mouse button doesn't operate correctly. For whatever reason, something managed to work its way under the mouse buttons and was keeping me from pressing them. I attempted to pry my left mouse button off, but seeing as it didn't come off easily, I decided to stop. It hasn't worked correctly since, and it is seriously starting to bother me. Does anybody know how to remove the mouse buttons so I can get that thing out of there and make my mouse work correctly again?
7 REPLIES 7

cheek
Level 9
not touchpad? if you mean the touchpad you hv to void warranty.

Ichigo0Soul
Level 9
I do mean the touchpad. And I don't have an Asus warranty, as I had bought my computer from a third-party retailer with various upgrades installed by them.

Pitcher1
Level 9
please try install driver again.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
please try install driver again.

It isn't the driver. There is something physically wrong with the button and I need to know if it is safe to remove it in order to fix it.

d_2
Level 7
Maybe if you lift the button as much as possible, and blow compressed air under, you will solve the problem.

Ichigo0Soul
Level 9
I've tried that. I need to take the button off to fix it, but I don't want to wind up breaking it in the process. Does anyone know if it is safe to pry the button off with, say, a knife?