cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VW Keyboard Backlight Problem [solved]

mrWoodCock
Level 7
Hey guys.
Its been a month (give or take few weeks) since the back light of my keyboard stopped working.
All I know is that it happened right after i upgraded my windows version from 8 to 8.1
I know that its not a hardware problem because the keyboard lights flashs at boot, so it has to be some software problem.
Also fn+F4/F3 doesnt work while fn+F5/F6 or fn+F10/11/12 does works.
I called asus support line and they told me that windows 8.1 does makes problems with the keyboard's backlight and they offered me to go back to 8 as a solution.
I dont want to do so because 8.1 is much more stable than 8.
I've seen some threads from the past in this forum (such as this one) but i cant find any solution.
Is there any option to get my keyboard's backlight back on while staying in 8.1?
13 REPLIES 13

GottiBoi55
Level 10
You welcome my friend!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

I had the same problem with a G75VW that I bought second hand a week before the Win10 update came through. It arrived with a fresh installation of Win 8.1 and no Asus utilities.
I tried the Win8 ATK driver with no joy and waited for the Win10 on the 30th. Still no joy as expected, so tried the Win7 ATK which worked for me.
Win10 home 64 with Win7 64 ATK.

alexws
Level 7
Worked for me too! Thanks guys!

ISMAIL2662
Level 7

Bro this error is driver error once i have also face this error but i was checking my softwares i found one software that does not exist so i installed (ATK Package) it then my backlit lights working and FN also.