cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G752VY BIOS UNLOCKED with tons of settings revealed

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
FOR G752VY, I've manage to unlock many options in Bios thanks to the guide and help from @Dreamonic

Bios Based on 213 and only involve tools AMIBCP_v5.0.1, and AFUWIN64.

I found many interesting options and feature that actually available. And another super good news are,
now you can turn off usb charger plus in battery mode i guess. But first, uninstall USB charger plus. Then disable in Bios. Done.

Modded BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GazBBZXdWaWpISFU
Stock BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GTE9RTEFOQ1hmQk0
Flash TOOL : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GUlN3cW94akwzR1k

If encounter error during flash, do not restart. Flash the stock rom instead.

Full Desktop advanced OC mode also included in the bios but i can't seems to make it work. it seems to be very complicated as well.
41 REPLIES 41

Hello, I am writing because I am looking for an unlocked bios for my asus rog g752vy and the link that appears gives me an error, I need a valid link please, greetings rafabass05

I can't run AFUWIN64 my laptop just freeze and i need to torn on then back on.
can you please help?

hexaae
Level 12
Can the full featured BIOS solve the annoying USB ports low voltage issues causing external drives random dis/reconnect?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84635-G752VY-G751JY-everlasting-bug-of-USB-3-0-left-port-r...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
For Audio, I try to Lowered buffer voltage to 1.8V since the Codec work from 1.5V to 3.3V. But still, the ALC668 will get hot.
Enabling Third party Audio DSP support from Bios also require enabling WoV as a feature first. such as WAVE, DOLBY, DTS etc.

For Left USB, I don't have disconnection this issues, so i cannot test it. Try disable below options and try.

For now : Confirmed modification are changeable USB Charger Plus in battery mode option. Now you can disable the usb charger + in battery mode. meaning that Your system will not supplying power to USB when on battery ( after Shutdown ).
This at least solved unwanted gaming mouse glow at night.
Besides, RAM overclocking also works. Recommended OC Settings :
If Stock 2133 ---> 2400 OC ,
if stock 2400 ---> 2600 / 2666 OC
On 2666 games probably wont run, or will crash the game. Above clock are tested, any higher will cause Complete Black Screen.

CPU overclocking multiplier wont apply, still missing something here.

gtan777x
Level 7
CPU overclocking multiplier - I'm on a G752VT with a 6700HQ so non-k non unlocked multiplier. I really wanted this feature but not to overclock. Instead to lower the multipliers so the damn CPU doesn't heat up at just over 70% usage on physics heavy games. If I unlock the BIOS do you think there is a chance the multipliers will also get unlocked?

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
You can use ThrottleStop to underclock. Try if it work.
https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Utilities/ThrottleStop/

But one thing is, Skylake used to be cool, low power consumption as well. If your G752VT overheat easily, i suggest re-paste and cleaning. and also check your OS background process.
for now overclock / down-clock from bios are not working, although menu are there with everything tune able and save. It wont apply after you boot to windows.
For my G752VY with thermal grizzly kryonaut, never pass 75 Celsius in 100% CPU Stress Test all core 3.1GHZ 3 hours run. 29 Celsius room temperature.

kidfromhell
Level 9
THIS IS some crazy work here. Thanks a ton to Dreamonic and ROG_HARDCORE. You guys deserve it! I'll flash this now and see what I can do to further this.

And for the obvious question - how does warranty work when this is flashed? Also, are the settings (and the BIOS itself) easy to revert to stock? What if the values are not set to default before restoring to stock?

Might wanna know this before sending this out to ASUS for RMA. Keep up the good work!

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
This is safe, flashing and unlocking is safe. But tuning settings such as voltages and current in secret menu might harm. so only tune after research and understand the outcome.

During flashing, do not interrupt! If any error, simply start the process again. Just dont reboot yet until success.

RMA still covered thanks to asus. just in case setting goes wrong such as too much RAM OC, fully disassemble, remove battery connector, and bios battery connector for few seconds.
after bios reset every settings will back to failsafe state.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
This is safe, flashing and unlocking is safe. But tuning settings such as voltages and current in secret menu might harm. so only tune after research and understand the outcome.

During flashing, do not interrupt! If any error, simply start the process again. Just dont reboot yet until success.

RMA still covered thanks to asus. just in case setting goes wrong such as too much RAM OC, fully disassemble, remove battery connector, and bios battery connector for few seconds.
after bios reset every settings will back to failsafe state.

I see, thanks. Did you figure out how to enable the audio modes yet? Also, how do you flash the modified bios? Just load it in the tool and hit 'write'?

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
RUN AFUWINGUI, click open, and search for the modified bios rom format. and click flash. don't interrupt and change any settings.