cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VT SSD Compatibility Help

Umer_Aslam
Level 7
Hello Amazing Community 🙂

Folks, I have just purchased Asus G752VT (970m Model with 1TB HDD) The machine came without any SSD.

Now I have traveled with my Laptop outside of USA and I am unable to find NVMe SSD's (currently not available)

I have read on the forums that some people are having issues trying to run a SATA SSD and some are having issues with NVMe SSD's on there G752, I believe that the problem is with GL752 Model as it does not support NVMe drvies instead AHCI Model's of M.2 SSD.

My Query is if this laptop can house Samsung 850 Pro M.2 SSD or not (link below) I know its not NVM'e but infact a SATA interface!

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MZ-N5E250BW

These M.2 Sata SSD's are available locally. If this is supported then I wont need to replace the existing 1TB 7200RPM HDD otherwise I will have to buy a 2.5" SSD and replace my existing 1TB HDD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

badhand386
Level 9
Umer Aslam wrote:
Hello Amazing Community 🙂

Folks, I have just purchased Asus G752VT (970m Model with 1TB HDD) The machine came without any SSD.

Now I have traveled with my Laptop outside of USA and I am unable to find NVMe SSD's (currently not available)

I have read on the forums that some people are having issues trying to run a SATA SSD and some are having issues with NVMe SSD's on there G752, I believe that the problem is with GL752 Model as it does not support NVMe drvies instead AHCI Model's of M.2 SSD.

My Query is if this laptop can house Samsung 850 Pro M.2 SSD or not (link below) I know its not NVM'e but infact a SATA interface!

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MZ-N5E250BW

These M.2 Sata SSD's are available locally. If this is supported then I wont need to replace the existing 1TB 7200RPM HDD otherwise I will have to buy a 2.5" SSD and replace my existing 1TB HDD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

According to the upgrade section in the manual it will NOT support sata type M.2 drives.

Thanks a lot for the update,

I also had the same feeling, the issue was with the interface as mSATA and PCIe have similar look and feel for an M.2 Slot. I was hoping that this can be configured as an AHCI drive but doesn't look like the case!

I will look to replace the existing 2.5" HDD with 850 PRO EVO SSD.