cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VS Turbo gear update for Overheat Issue

Simao
Level 7
Hi.

Came out two days ago a new update specifically for the "Turbo gear". The name of the update is "Turbo gear update".
Some of you said that overheat is caused by a bad "voltage" used by turbo gear, and recommended not use him or unistall.
Someone have try this new update? He fix the overheat and the throttle when overclock? Fix the high voltage?
In the description of the update says "Turbo Gear Updater is used to update ROG Gaming Center overclocking configuration" , "Notice: System need a reboot to apply the configuration update".

Please when try or use, leave or feedback here.
The update can be found in Asus Web-site, in the part of "Utilities".

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

MDFMac wrote:
the update makes it so it don't over heat and throttle down as hard as it was doing. if you bench it at standard then extreme you will find its worse on extreme unless you put in the patch because of the throttling

Can you tell us what are your temps while gaming, and with the extreme mode?
It is safe now use him?

mid 80's at the most benching.. hit 90 once. while gaming bf1 witch would throttle before patch on extreme is now in the low 70s. my opinion is that they made is much better but I'm sure most of the gurus on here are never going to use it because they can do much better on there own. I personally would rather have something like this to do the work for me. I really care about doing all the testing and what not to squeeze out all that I can.

I am using g701vi and I have the same problem after I re-install the OS, I cannot control the cpu overclocking speed anymore. I downloaded the turbo gear updater, but when I run the program, it asked to restarted the laptop, I clicked yes, nothing happened. I want ASUS fix this problem ASAP.

i have over heating issues , posted here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94698-g725VS-high-CPU-and-GPU-temp&p=661822#post661822
(i posted in gl series by mistake,someone please move the thread)

i want to update rog game center and install this turbo gear update
how can i do it?

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Please run a Unigine_Valley_Benchmark on both standard and extreme mode and post your results.

Thanks!