cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VS - Dead CMOS) battery?

zvober
Level 9
Hi all,
During the last 15-20-25 days, my Asus G752VS Laptop sometimes refuses to start. When I turn it on, I get a black screen and that's all folks. It even refuses to turn off when I press the power button. If I hold the power button for 5-6 seconds, it finally turns off but after one second it immediately turns on again to a black screen. After disconnecting the power cable and repeating the same operation few times, I get a blue screen "System time before build time, advancing clock" - and then after circa 10 seconds comes my Solus OS. When I shut it down, sometimes with the first and sometimes with the first two boots I get again a blue screen "System time before build time, advancing clock", and then everything returns to normal.
Please see attached screenshot.

One of the Solus developers replied the following within the post that I published on their website: "This honestly sounds like a dead clock (CMOS) battery, not an issue with the kernel. If I understand that error message correctly, your system's clock is being reset to factory default and then advanced by systemd at startup."

Any idea? I would be grateful for any help 🙂

0 REPLIES 0