cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751JY: Slow internet download/upload speeds

Xehanort
Level 8
Hi guys! It's been a long time I came to these boards and whined about some annoyance with my laptop, but hey here I am again 😄

Anyway, i've been wondering for a while now why are my download/upload speeds so slow? This happens to me both wired and wireless, in fact my laptop is wired 99% of the time. This doesn't happen with my 5 year old ASUS N53Jq, downloading the same 2gb file with the same connection the G751JY does around 1Mbps/1.5Mbps and the old one does around 3Mbps.

My suspicion is the card, but isn't the card only associated with wireless? It can't be the Ethernet port, if it were it wouldn't work at all I think. And before anyone mentions it, yes i've installed pretty much all bloatware (GameFirst III included) except the macro key driver. I have the last drivers by Intel too, even ran their tool to check for updates.

Was wondering if anyone has this issue, and if yes how to fix it. Thank you for your time 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

Xehanort
Level 8
Bump. Could somebody please help me out here?

I'm also have a stupid sound problem with this model..

pka4916
Level 7
Look at my thread... got the same problem and no solution 😞

Tried 2 laptops (same model)
3 different wireless cards

all same poblem.

my old ROG 75VW worked awesome.. and full signal.
now I also have a weak signal (4 bars instead of 5) and it's only 20 feet away.

Starting to think it's just the model that's sucks.. I see other people with no problem, but a different model.

MrRuckus
Level 10
Xehanort wrote:
Hi guys! It's been a long time I came to these boards and whined about some annoyance with my laptop, but hey here I am again 😄

Anyway, i've been wondering for a while now why are my download/upload speeds so slow? This happens to me both wired and wireless, in fact my laptop is wired 99% of the time. This doesn't happen with my 5 year old ASUS N53Jq, downloading the same 2gb file with the same connection the G751JY does around 1Mbps/1.5Mbps and the old one does around 3Mbps.

My suspicion is the card, but isn't the card only associated with wireless? It can't be the Ethernet port, if it were it wouldn't work at all I think. And before anyone mentions it, yes i've installed pretty much all bloatware (GameFirst III included) except the macro key driver. I have the last drivers by Intel too, even ran their tool to check for updates.

Was wondering if anyone has this issue, and if yes how to fix it. Thank you for your time 🙂

You can try disabling QoS on both of your adapters? Its known to cause issues, especially on slower connections.

(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
You can try disabling QoS on both of your adapters? Its known to cause issues, especially on slower connections.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortubately that did not seem to solve my problem. Got the same download speed with QoS turned off.

pka4916
Level 7
Since I see so many complaints about this model, and I am suffering the same thing.
I sent mine back and bought the 752VS one. along with an asus AC5300 router.

fighting 2 weeks this stupid problem with the speed. I'm an IT guy so I know what i am doing.. but this one blows my mind.
I'm thinking it's the model itself.. hence explains why you can't buy that model all the sudden anymore in some of the stores.. who knows..