cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g751jy not charging

zs1984
Level 7
I do change battrey and power splayer and it's not work when i change it's work for one day then stop charging and green orange light stop flashing.
Plz help
2 REPLIES 2

jdfrench3
Level 12
Does your charger have a LED that lights when plugged into the wall?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Based on the huge amount of the complaints with the same problem; G751JY connected to the main power, but not charging, is definetely a design flaw ASUS is not taking responsibility. You will be instructed to send your laptop to ASUS repair, that will cost about 700-1000 USD, where the main board and possibly the AC connector will be replaced. I've almost walked this path, but eventually dumped my 2000 USD laptop after 2 years of usage. Based on some forums, the failure will might return after some time.

The problem occurs when nVidia GPU switches to the PWR mode, taking current both from the battery and AC. This completely disables AC and you are not able to charge before the machine has cooled down, in some cases, even not then.

Sad thing is, there is huge amount of people suffering this problem and it gives really bad taste of ASUS product line + there is no DIY fix for it.