cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JT TouchPad Lag (Is there any way to increase the polling rate)?

rcarlos243
Level 7
The touchpad on the Asus G751JT is very laggy and I just found out that the polling rate of it is only 75Hz
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Mouse-Rate-Checker.shtml

My Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 on the other hand runs at 100Hz.

both the Asus G751JT and Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 touchpad are connected via PS/2

it there anyway I can increase the polling rate of PS/2 via Windows 10?
6 REPLIES 6

nab
Level 11
Try if this work

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters]
SampleRate=100

Check here for more info

Open blocknote copy paste, save as .reg and double click on it 😉

(parameters without space)

nab wrote:
Try if this work

Check here for more info

Open blocknote copy paste, save as .reg and double click on it 😉

(parameters without space)

This doesn't work, polling rate is still 75Hz average according to mouse rate checker

rcarlos243 wrote:
This doesn't work, polling rate is still 75Hz average according to mouse rate checker

Are you using a third party drivers/official drivers or the generic one from Windows ?

rcarlos243
Level 7
Tried with both the official driver and the stock windows stuff, but it didn't made any difference.

rcarlos243 wrote:
Tried with both the official driver and the stock windows stuff, but it didn't made any difference.

Could be a limitation of the trackpad, I need to check the Elantech drivers, try the synaptics drivers instead of Elantech and check where it goes.

nab wrote:
Could be a limitation of the trackpad, I need to check the Elantech drivers, try the synaptics drivers instead of Elantech and check where it goes.

Where can I get the synaptics drivers?

There is only Elantech driver on ASUS G751JT support page.