cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751 - Laptop didn't start, screen flashed black/white.

Grovsnus
Level 7
Hello.

So I've searched around for this issue and it seems some people have experienced the same problem. But I am kinda worried anyways so i thought I'd give it a shot here.

Today when I tried to start up my laptop the screen just started to flash black and white. I pressed the OFF button and restarted the laptop, same problem occured. The third time I tried to start it up it worked normally without any problems at all.

This is a brand new laptop, the only thing I've installed is Windows 10. What could've caused this problem? I mean, considering this is a 2k+ computer I believe this shouldn't happen at all. Should I be worried and send it back or is this a normal problem that can happen occassionally?

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3

aeolisio
Level 10
Normal - no
Could it be something very minor - yes
Would you really want to risk it since its brand new and easily switched now - you decide
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corporal
Level 9
I remember having a simular issue a few months ago. Unlike in your case, it was showing some gibberish instead. After a ACPI reset (makes a loud click), everything worked fine.

Grovsnus
Level 7
I just find it weird that it seems to be fine now all of a sudden. I've tried to restart my computer multiple times just to see if it happened again but nothing happened and the computer seems fine now.....I guess i'll just have to wait and see if it happens again, if it does i'll send it back.