cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751 can't update/install anything..

kraver0
Level 7
Straight after opening the box, I tried updating drivers from GeForce Experience, but it failed and gave me an error message.
Next, I downloaded Steam, but it won't finish the "updating" process, and tells me that I need to be online and asks me to check my Internet connection, which works fine (Ethernet).
I tried installing the Razer Synapse program, but it's also telling me that I am not connected to an Internet.
I also tried installing Java, but it comes unresponsive once it nearly finished downloading the installer.

What's going on? My internet works fine; I can browse the web and stream videos. I tried using WiFi but still same issue.
It can't be my Internet's fault because my other PC and Mac works fine installing.

Running as admin is not the solution.

The G751 did, however, let me install Avast, Malwarebytes, CPUID HWMonitor, and Firefox. It was also able to install Windows update. But these are about it...

Any help would be appreciated; thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

rockrog
Level 7
Hello.
I had the same troubles: failed downloads, limited wifi, corrupted files or download never ending. Try to uninstall Gamefirst III, that should do the trick.

rockrog wrote:
Hello.
I had the same troubles: failed downloads, limited wifi, corrupted files or download never ending. Try to uninstall Gamefirst III, that should do the trick.

Omg. Thank you so much!
I got rid of that critter that was killing my internet connection, and now it's back to its full speed.
Thank you again. You're a life saver.