cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JS Video Problem

MANTARRAYA
Level 7
Hey, the last month i formated the laptop, leave it alone for like 7 hours downloading a game on steam, and when i come back from study i saw the screen was not working, (see video), i tried formating it again, redownloading drivers i tried everything and it seems like a hardware problem, the things is VGA port and HDMI works perfectly, i can play videogames, stress test, but the dammit screen is not working!!, one day like 15 days ago i put the laptop on my lap and i moved the angle of screen, (the stars aligned too) and the screen was working good, i tried reset like 10 times and i though it was fixed, but again i leave it like 7 hours because study when i come back the problem was again, since then the screen was working bad, nothing happens, you can see how the shapes moves triying to show but nope. sorry my bad english i leave a video to explain easily. Thanks.

Pd: I have warranty to august, i buyed it in United States but i live in South America and they say i cant fix it here, i have to send it to United States and the taxes are super high.

http://youtu.be/tt78Y_ft2kI
9 REPLIES 9

MANTARRAYA
Level 7
nothing? 😞

MANTARRAYA
Level 7
up!

MANTARRAYA
Level 7
i think i should check the flex, maybe its moved, but where is it?

code9523
Level 9
The check the lcd cable (LVDS) one connection is under your keyboard and second is behind the screen. First check the connector under your keyboard it should sit on it place with click but DO NOT press it too hard! The screen part have some glue tape for secure the connector in socket so check it second! But as I see it's more like dying lcd panel but may be i'm wrong and this is a connector part.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

ZoleeG
Level 7
You could try this:
https://youtu.be/uR6iqQTP6u4
Your issue seems a bit more serious though...

navis995
Level 11
If nothing works buy new one on Ebay, they're are roughly 100€ which is not that much imo.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

i tried moving the both ones, but nothing happens.. what should i buy??

MANTARRAYA
Level 7
okay thanks guys, im gonna try with the cable under the keyboard because i already tested the one behind the screen.

MANTARRAYA
Level 7

so this look like the problem here right?? i should replace the LCD?? i have to remove that cable?