cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JS Fan Replacement

Neovox
Level 7
Hi guys

Recently my GPU fan just stopped. I've purchased a pair of fans from AliExpress (AB7205HX-GC1, both for CPU and GPU cuz the price was really good) and its identical to mine. The title of the announcement say it's compatible with my model (G750JS), however when I installed both CPU and GPU fans they did not spinned. The GPU one give a little wiggle when I opened ASUS GPU Tweak but no answer at all. The seller said that his model for GPU is 15mm and mine is 18mm, and because of this it is not compatible. What? Really? What about the CPU fan? Came as a clone and was not working too...

My question is, does anyone know if these models are just not compatible? Even if they look the same, same pins and etc?

I attached some photos of the actual installed and the Aliexpress ones.

PS. The part number of my original fan is KSB0612HB-CL46

Thanks in advance 😉
3 REPLIES 3

MrRuckus
Level 10
Not sure what the difference in width would matter if the power draw/requirement are the same? I would try putting standard power (from a desktop PSU) to both and make sure they function correctly outside of the laptop (a molex connector can be configured for 5v/7v/12v as seen here: 5v/7v/12v. You would just have to look online for the wire layout and find out which lead is + & -. You could also test your failed fan and see if it works outside of the laptop. It could be the mobo power connector that failed and not the fan. Did the original fan seize? can you turn it freely with your finger? If you can, that would lead me to believe its not getting any power.

I know some laptops these days now have 12v fans instead of 5v, but those are some of the newer models (such as the G703). Not sure about G750JS.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
Not sure what the difference in width would matter if the power draw/requirement are the same? I would try putting standard power (from a desktop PSU) to both and make sure they function correctly outside of the laptop (a molex connector can be configured for 5v/7v/12v as seen here: 5v/7v/12v. You would just have to look online for the wire layout and find out which lead is + & -. You could also test your failed fan and see if it works outside of the laptop. It could be the mobo power connector that failed and not the fan. Did the original fan seize? can you turn it freely with your finger? If you can, that would lead me to believe its not getting any power.

I know some laptops these days now have 12v fans instead of 5v, but those are some of the newer models (such as the G703). Not sure about G750JS.

Hi

I used a old USB cable and connected to the fans, and both worked... Apparently the red and black wires are working properly. Does it have any relation with the blue and yellow? I forgot to mention, but my old CPU fan is still working, I connected to the GPU plug and was fine. I'm out of ideas now haha. Could it be just an incompatibility at all?

Thanks for your help.

Neovox wrote:
Hi

I used a old USB cable and connected to the fans, and both worked... Apparently the red and black wires are working properly. Does it have any relation with the blue and yellow? I forgot to mention, but my old CPU fan is still working, I connected to the GPU plug and was fine. I'm out of ideas now haha. Could it be just an incompatibility at all?

Thanks for your help.

I guess that could be. Maybe the wiring is different from the original fans? Have you tried searching for the part numbers just on a google search to see if you can find another supplier? I may even call Asus and see if they can point you in the right direction for replacements?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72