cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JM is a nightmare

Asus-G750
Level 7
Good day everyone,

I have to admit that buying this laptop was a huge mistake.

To begin with, its screen is the BIGGEST crap I have ever seen. While sitting half a meter away from the screen I can still see single pixels, and god, the vertical lines are killing me.

I never thought that after buying a laptop that expensive something like this could happen. I went to a shop to compare the screen with other laptops, and it was the worst one I saw. Laptops which were half the price of Asus G750 had much better screens. The only one which had a screen this bad was a really cheap laptop ($240) with ubuntu on it...

Secondly, the hiss in the headphones jack is unacceptable. Really. Screen and headphones are the two things you use all the time. The screen makes you dizzy, and headphones hiss gives you a headache. How come you people keep on saying it's a great laptop? Buying it was a huge mistake.

And it is NOT silent. One of the ventilators keeps on working all the time, even if I don't do a thing (CPU at 0-1%). In addition to that I often get a high pitch noise from one of the components (Windows 8.1, newest drivers).

To people considering buying it - PLEASE THINK TWICE. I know it looks great, has great specs, but there are so many problems with it. Screen and sound card are a nightmare, and you use both all the time. To people saying to use USB headphones and external screen - well I didn't pay that much for the laptop to do that.

Ugh. I hope the shop will accept me returning it. Just a huge disappointment. I'll never buy asus again.
36 REPLIES 36

Asus-G750
Level 7
Could you please withdraw yourself from any further comment in this thread. As I understand you are a game enthusiast, and I don't really want to point out the lack of logic in your comments as that would be impolite, but you just start to annoy me.

I've asked a certain question and I'm looking forward to reading opinions of people who know the answer.

Gericop
Level 7
Sorry Asus-G750 but Maxter is right. You seem like the typical layman who only see numbers and judge by them. Your sound card problem can be fixed by updating the driver. The resolution is more than perfect for gaming as you cannot play any games in 4K due to performance issues. Certainly if you focus on a single pixel on the screen, you can see them, but this rig is intended for gaming purposes and games typically contain fast motion and angle change so you don't look at the pixels individually. If you are not a more-than-casual gamer, this laptop is not for you. If you want to do things that require more color accuracy, buy a laptop or an external 4K x-IPS display that suits the graphics world better.
Back to the screen flickering or whatever (I don't see it anywhere, so I might have a lucky hand), you can find a certain update file on the Asus support site that is fixing this problem. It's not the Nvidia driver that someone said here earlier, it's a different thing.

P.S.: I have a G750JH used mainly for gaming and Android development and I can't have a bad word about the laptop. Everything looks great in full HD with details set to ultra, no flickering, no sound card hissing or whatsoever. Maybe you just received a faulty one and you should try to exchange it.

Asus-G750
Level 7
Let me say it again: I asked a simple question and just want an answer, that is what forums are for.

I am not interested in reading your personal opinions about the laptop, or in proving anyone that what I said is correct. I do not care if you did or did not understand what I wrote and I do not care if you think I'm wrong. Quit spamming, I want someone to see my question so that I can get the answer, once you all flood the thread with your replies then no one will see it.

Now, can someone please tell me how often this product is upgraded? It appears to be a continuous series.

If you talk about the G750 series, you can't say anything for sure about how often it is being upgraded as there is only two "series" available. Last year the JW, JX and JH were released with GeForce 760M, 770M, 780M respectively. This year the JM, JS, JZ with 860M, 870M, 880M. So basically it looks like it is upgraded annually, but maybe they just discontinue this series and start a new one with new specs.

Wow, for someone that completely bashes something, didn't quite do 'any' homework on the matter first.

Gericop wrote:
If you talk about the G750 series, you can't say anything for sure about how often it is being upgraded as there is only two "series" available. Last year the JW, JX and JH were released with GeForce 760M, 770M, 780M respectively. This year the JM, JS, JZ with 860M, 870M, 880M. So basically it looks like it is upgraded annually, but maybe they just discontinue this series and start a new one with new specs.

Great! Thank you for the explanation

I have exactly same issue with vertical lines im returning mine.
its not like i have enormous sense of self importance, its just that im importanter than most