cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 Troubles

Comendiar
Level 7
Hey there! I have an ASUS G75VW; it's quite new. It's around a month old however, I've been getting some problems on it. First problem is the red light. When I'm charging my asus G75, the recharging icon is red and I have no idea why; sometimes its green. Another problem I have is some dead pixels. A bit of my screen is brown and I have no idea why. If anyone could help, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
Take it back to your retailer and exchange your defective laptop for a new one. Don't let them talk you into sending it out for Warranty Repair. If you do that, the laptop with its problems are now YOUR problems, and you'll have to wait without a computer while it's repaired. Let ASUS and the retailer deal with it while you enjoy an issue-free laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Take it back to your retailer and exchange your defective laptop for a new one. Don't let them talk you into sending it out for Warranty Repair. If you do that, the laptop with its problems are now YOUR problems, and you'll have to wait without a computer while it's repaired. Let ASUS and the retailer deal with it while you enjoy an issue-free laptop.

Thank you for your response! However, now my laptop charge light thing is now green. About your suggestion to exchange my laptop; the pixals aren't that bad. It's not noticable from a viewing distance. However, once you view it, it gets stuck to your vision. Are you sure I'm able to exchange it for a brand new one?

dstrakele
Level 14
It depends if you are still within your retailer's exchange/return policy. If you've owned the laptop beyond that limit, you need to decide if the screen defects annoy you enough to RMA the laptop for repair.

I don't believe you have a charging issue.

ASUS has a Zero Bright Dot Policy (see http://www.asus.com/999/html/events/notebook/zbd/a1.htm), but you should call them to see if it applies to your specific screen defects and laptop.

Okay, thanks for the clear up! Just wondering however, what does the red light on the charger thing indicate? Also about the exchange thing, well I ordered my laptop from newegg, if that helps in any way.

Edit: Aww crap, it says my ASUS is not eligible for a RMA. However, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the order you have selected is not eligible for an RMA through our automated online system. Please contact our customer service Department to obtain an RMA (if eligible) and return instructions for this order." So perhaps a chance is still left?

dstrakele
Level 14
You'll need to be more specific about your charging issue. Is an error being reported if you mouse over the battery level icon in the system tray?

OR are you talking about the LED on the power brick or LED on the front of the laptop? A red LED on the power brick may indicate it is defective. Can you confirm the power to it (outlet) is clean and properly grounded?

Newegg's return policy ( http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#37) gives you 30 days from the date of invoice for an exchange or return. Newegg states they must be in receipt of the computer within the 30 days. If you are still within the 30 days and can get the laptop to them before expiration, deal with Newegg, NOT ASUS.

waynes26
Level 7
Hi see page 46 of your manual. It tells you what the lights are for. copy below.

G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Comendiar wrote:
Hey there! I have an ASUS G75VW; it's quite new. It's around a month old however, I've been getting some problems on it. First problem is the red light. When I'm charging my asus G75, the recharging icon is red and I have no idea why; sometimes its green. Another problem I have is some dead pixels. A bit of my screen is brown and I have no idea why. If anyone could help, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!

The recharging icon on the case of the laptop does turn orange/red when you are recharging the battery. That's normal. It turns green when the battery is at full capacity. If it's the power brick that's red, then that shouldn't happen.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55