cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 RAM Question.

USN
Level 7
Hello guys I just bought the new ASUS G75 🙂

I have a question, I got the $1230 version which comes with 8 GB of RAM and a 1TB HDD. As for the RAM i wanted to know if the new g75 comes with the RAM under the Keboard or is it accessible just by removing the bottom cover.

The reason why i got the $1230 version was because i saw that the next model is $1500 and the only reason is a 750 HDD @ 7200 and 16gb of ram which doesnt make sense in price difference since a HDD is cheap and RAM is cheap too.
8 REPLIES 8

USN
Level 7
Sigh...Sorry about the title....i meant to put ASUS...I edited the title but i stayed saying " ASS" My apologizes.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Haha I didn't notice that you wrote "Ass" in the title, my brain corrected it ^^ 😛

MarshallR wrote:
These two above will be populated first, at the factory, meaning if you buy an G75VW with 8GB DDR3 but later want 12GB or 16GB, dropping in one or two extra 4GB SO-DIMMs is a perfectly warranty-safe upgrade as this requires simply opening the base as described above. However, if you require upgrading all four SO-DIMM slots, this can only be done by unscrewing all visible screws on the base, removing the battery and optical drive, then gently separating the the motherboard tray from the keyboard. Evidently this process is not designed to be user upgradable, but if you feel you are technically adept and accept that you will not be able to return the notebook at a later date, it can be done.

For me it sounds like you already have 2 RAM sticks with 4GB on, so you can easly upgrade to 12 or 16..... If you want to try out more RAM then you probably have to disassemble your notebook to reach the 2 RAM sticks under the KB (and install Win7 pro to read more then 16GB RAM)

Upgrading the G75vw by MarshallR take a look at that article, perhaps that can answer some questions for you if you're stuck 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Haha I didn't notice that you wrote "Ass" in the title, my brain corrected it ^^ 😛

For me it sounds like you already have 2 RAM sticks with 4GB on, so you can easly upgrade to 12 or 16..... If you want to try out more RAM then you probably have to disassemble your notebook to reach the 2 RAM sticks under the KB (and install Win7 pro to read more then 16GB RAM)

Upgrading the G75vw by MarshallR take a look at that article, perhaps that can answer some questions for you if you're stuck 🙂

Hmmm so if you buy the BestBuy version will the RAM be on the easy to access slots or the harder under the keyboard area?

Daylife wrote:
Hmmm so if you buy the BestBuy version will the RAM be on the easy to access slots or the harder under the keyboard area?

As I quoted MarshallR from his article: "These two above will be populated first" if I have not misunderstood this sentence, then it should be very easy to upgrade the notebook with more RAM if needed.

EDIT: The RAM slots under the KB will be populated first from factory, if you buy the notebook with 8GB RAM then the slots under the notebook is available, and you can install more RAM without issues 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
As I quoted MarshallR from his article: "These two above will be populated first" if I have not misunderstood this sentence, then it should be very easy to upgrade the notebook with more RAM if needed.

EDIT: The RAM slots under the KB will be populated first from factory, if you buy the notebook with 8GB RAM then the slots under the notebook is available, and you can install more RAM without issues 🙂

Ahhh ok got it...i thought that it said that if you bought the Best Buy version that the RAM thats easy to access would be populated first.. Fail on my part lol.

Holy
Level 7
it should be on the harder to get to part.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Holy wrote:
it should be on the harder to get to part.

That would make sense. lol

chrsplmr
Level 18
From model to model .. you did the right thing .. for 'first out' I think ...
I too have been watching and the model difference is minimal...
as you say ... Ram ... Blu-Ray or Not .... SSd .. or Not ..... then it is the three screens.
also to watch is the 660 2gb ... and 670 3gb... then there are 4 or 5 processors available...
including the extreme...
UpGrade as you like....
Well played I'd say.... and all is well otherwise ?
super.
Best of Luck...Will be watch'n for ya................ Welcome to ROG.
You better pack a lunch and bring some horses if you plan on drag'n me
into a BustBuy Store ......................especially for a G.

ASS .... hahahhahahahhahahaaa ... it happens .. it happened to you .. hahahhaha
worry not ... hahahhaha ... thats funny though ... hahahhahahahhahaha ...
I am pretty sure they take no offense and are laughing too....c.

WILL ONE OF THE MODS FIX THIS FOR THIS OP ? hehehehheee