cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74sx 3D IR Emitter not recognized

Manu67100
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I know this topic has been already opened, but mostly, the problem was resolved after re installing drivers.
For me, it is a little different. I already used the 3D function, and it worked fine until one day. So i tried following things:
- Updating Drivers.
- Re installing Windows and initial drivers.
- Recover from asus CD
- etc...
Nothing did work. Event the same. My Emitter seems to be not found. I found somewhere, that the connector cable could be disconnected. But before opening my laptop, i wanted to ask if it was possible, or if there is anyway to fix it easily.
Greetings, Manu.
3 REPLIES 3

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you do the SW troubleshooting like flash new BIOS, new driver, new utility, all the ways can not be recognizing in device manager for IR emitter, it would be HW problem, so i suggest you send back to RMA to check.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Manu67100 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I know this topic has been already opened, but mostly, the problem was resolved after re installing drivers.
For me, it is a little different. I already used the 3D function, and it worked fine until one day. So i tried following things:
- Updating Drivers.
- Re installing Windows and initial drivers.
- Recover from asus CD
- etc...
Nothing did work. Event the same. My Emitter seems to be not found. I found somewhere, that the connector cable could be disconnected. But before opening my laptop, i wanted to ask if it was possible, or if there is anyway to fix it easily.
Greetings, Manu.

Hi, Manu. It looks like the IR Emitter doesn't have any driver. That's why we can't find it in the Device Manager.
It may be possible that the connector cable was disconnected, probably because the laptop has been jarred.
But it could also be a graphics driver related issue. Some guys updated their GPU drivers, only to find out
that they installed the wrong version (desktop version instead of the laptop version). Some installed a newer
nVidia graphics driver, but they forgot to install the 3D Vision drivers bundled with it. What nVidia driver version
does your laptop currently have?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Manu67100
Level 7
Thanks for your answers, 🙂
I'm sure that my drivers aren't the source of my troubles.
My Emitter was working on the morning, and the same evening, it didn't.

It may be possible that the connector cable was disconnected, probably because the laptop has been jarred.

How could I check this?

Here are my specs:
NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.12.9616 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.12.9616 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.12.9616 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module (0)
nvDispSR.dll 6.14.12.9616 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.12.9616 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 6.14.12.9616 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.12.0613 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.12.9616 NVIDIA CUDA 4.2.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll 6.14.12.9616 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 6.14.12.9616 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server