cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G74S I can t play swtor at full settings

Retired
Not applicable
Hello everyone i m very frustrated. i have an Asus G74S and this weekend i was going to play swtor Beta and guess what; my fps suck i have 25 max 30 fps with max settings with medium settings and even only 40 45 fps with low settings. Is this even possible? this is unbelievable. It s impossible that i can t run swtor at max graphic. I need help.

My stats are these:

Intel Core i7 - 2630Q 2.0 GH
12 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 560M GTX 3 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Now this is a huge gaming laptop i can run call of duty and battlefield 3 why i cant max out swtor graphic that is supposed to be a light mmo graphic?
i really need some help since swtor is the game i m waiting from when i was born.
Someone has any idea what s going on? it can be a Beta problem? ANyone experiencing this problem?

Please reply as much as possible.

Regards.

Gianluca
3 REPLIES 3

JRd1st
Level 12
Update your drivers , especially the WiFi one. Look in the New Drivers sticky.

Uninstall most, if not all of the Asus apps, and that Trend micro crap.

Or you could do a clean install of Windows and save yourself a lot of pain.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
I don t think that the things you said can help me...i think this is something wrong with my system. Ppl are saying to me that my processor can t even start all the other games and that i need at least a 4 gh processor. Cmon i don t believe this, this asus is a gaming laptop how is that possible?

Anyway i tryed to uninstall trend micro trials and the asus apps but it s always the same can t max out the game with 60 fps. i have always 20.

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out this thread: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz...

Maybe you are experiencing the CPU Throttling Issue with SWTOR.

Updating the WiFi driver to remove the DPC Latency of the stock Atheros driver (as JR recommends) can DEFINITELY affect your issue. You should also download and install DPC Latency Checker. There may be other drivers on your system causing DPC Latency.

The ASUS 'Bloatware' apps could also be affecting your performance. You can check http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/380681-asus-utility-bloatware-guide.html to see which apps to uninstall or consider a clean Windows 7 install (again, as JR recommends).
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT