cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G703GI Black screen after windows 10 update KB4598242

Vergil
Level 7
I have a Asus G703GI laptop and after I did the current windows 10 update for Version 20H2. I get a black screen no cursor. Power is on I can hear the CPU and GPU fans the keyboard lights are on and so is the ROG symbol on the top of the laptop. I tried to connect to external monitor and I get no signal. Any clue on how to fix this? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I just found out from Microcenter (a authorized Asus repair facility) that the Motherboard is dead and it would cost me $4500 just for the part. I only had this computer for 2 years and I babied it and it looks like it is in mint condition. I paid $3500 for the laptop. I tried to get extended warranty on this laptop but at the time Microcenter would not give me extended warranty because the price exceeded the warranty coverage limits. How is it that the motherboard cost more than the actual laptop? The repair tech told me to contact ASUS support. The Asus representative told me to ship it to a ASUS repair facility and Pay $80. I asked him if he could just give me a ball park price for the motherboard. He said he doesn't know and he doesn't have the information. I just wanted to know if it was worth sending the laptop in and not waste my time and money. Can anyone give me any advice on how to handle this?
Vergil
ROG Laptop G703GI
64GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro
&
i9 10900k
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF
64GB DDR4-3600
Windows 10 Pro
&
Rog Laptop G74sx 3D