cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G551JW Audio problems. (One side)

Eima93
Level 7
Hey guys!
So I'm having this really anoying issue with my G551JW. I only get sound in one side of my headphones.
Tried a few different headsets and headphones. (Razer Kraken Pro, Samsung Galaxy S7 earphones and a few generic cheap headsets).
None of them work properly. When I unplug my headphones a bit I can hear sound from both sides, but it doesn't hold like that. Tried reinstalling audio drivers from Asus website and Realtek alike, same results.
Balance is ok. Everything seems like it should be. Same as my G55VW. When I press the test button in sound tab I can hear bass on the right side(When the sound should be playing on left) and sound on right when it's supposed to. Broken jack? I just bought this laptop a few days ago and it just been like this from the start. Tried Razer Surround with no luck.
BTW sorry for my English if there is any mistakes.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello Eima93
It seems like a broken or malfunctioning jack
I would suggest to ask your dealer for a replacement if you can, thank you

@Bill@ASUS I'm having the exact same issue as @Eima93, I dont think its a hardware issue as I've read other threads about the G751 having the same issue.

This thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREA...

Also my issue was made worse by updating my Realtek Audio Driver, before updating to the latest driver the audio imbalance wasn't as bad as it is now, so its clearly a software issue. I'm thinking it may have something to do with AudioWizard/MaxxAudio not working after Windows 10 update, could that be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Eima93
It seems like a broken or malfunctioning jack
I would suggest to ask your dealer for a replacement if you can, thank you

Please see above response, thanks.