cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G551JM Audio Driver bug

ctc91
Level 7
I have installed the audio driver on the product page and it has given me the slider to control the subwoofer(this model doesn't have this) volume for the soundcard. I have tried the audio driver from the support.asus website where all the drivers are listed for different laptop parts(audio, wireless, etc) and the option for the subwoofer is gone. My question is why isn't the product page with drivers from that website ?

Another example is the atk package. On the model page version ends in .36 and the other asus website has version .37 . Also as mentioned in an earlier thread. Asus live update utility doesn't work, it shows me now new drivers even when the windows installation was fresh. Is this how asus handles customer and product support ?

I am sorry for opening a new thread. The old one can be deleted.
3 REPLIES 3

ctc91
Level 7
bump

weasel65
Level 9
Hi; I have installed under device manager in my G551jm: High definition audio device (MS), Nvidia virtual audio device and Realtek High Definition audio device v6.0.1.7283, do you have something different? I have no issues at all. If I may ask, what wireless software do you have installed, I am not sure which ones I need from the Asus page, there are about 6. I have created a new post for that question though.

ctc91
Level 7
The only issue(not really an issue but it's curious) is that a slider for subwoofer volume was in the audio properties control panel. I have driver version v6.0.1.7409 for the realtek soundcard taken from support.asus.com which made that slider dissapear and making the sound better overall. For wireless drivers(intel n7260) i have downloaded and installed version 17.13.11 from intel's website and i wireless has been running flawless at my maximum isp speed which is about 10MB/s (not mb).

LE: the first high definition audio device is actually intel audio, the driver is contained in th official intel display driver from their website.