cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G46vw Owners- Want to upgrade that screen?

Vicodin
Level 10
Hello,
So I was recently in contact with HIDevolution helping my friend order a new laptop. ( He is clueless on what is actually "worth" upgrading and what he needs and doesn't. Well I found that they are now offering the upgrade on the Asus G46vw screen from the 1366 x 768 to the 1600x900. Well, most of you who already have one are probably like "How does that help me?" Well not only do they offer the upgrade when purchasing, but they are willing to sell them singly for $100.00. So I thought I would put that out there to anyone looking to upgrade the screen in there G46vw. $100.00 seems like a pretty fair price. It also sounds like this is the only option because this will be the only screen with the right connectors, and with the right connectors in the right locations as of right now.
14 REPLIES 14

For what it's worth, my G46 which I bought locally here in Canada came from the factory with a 1600x900 screen.

Ted@HIDevolution wrote:
Just chiming in real quick. We do have the 1600x900 display panels for the G46 both as an upgrade to the standard display as well as a separate part for do it yourselfers. Here is the spec sheet of the AUO B140RTN03.0 upgrade panel.

http://www.hidevolution.com/images/displaydata/B140RTN03.0.pdf

We plan to have a video up shortly as well to show you guys how you can do the upgrade yourself. 🙂

And here he is to shed some light on the situation 🙂 This is who I talked to about it actually. As far as the comment on it being $125. When I said $100, I was referring to if you ordered the screen from them by itself. The upgrade when you order the laptop with it, is $125.00, yes. Obviously prices are subject to change as well.

JwPwns
Level 10
hey Ted, I have a question regarding to the led color change that you guys are offering for the G46. Do you add new led to it or just add a film over the white to change it's color? any response would be appreciated
Asus G46 vw
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

JwPwns wrote:
hey Ted, I have a question regarding to the led color change that you guys are offering for the G46. Do you add new led to it or just add a film over the white to change it's color? any response would be appreciated

We add film over the existing back light.
HIDevolution
Computers \ Electronics \ Mobile Devices

killerguppy
Level 7
Has anyone tried the following 1080p panel?
AUO B140HAN01.1

It looks like the eDP connector is in the same location as the AUO B140XTN02.1 that comes stock on the g46vw. The 25ms response time is my only concern.

Thanks,
KG