cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Flow Z13 is almost my perfect dream machine.

TheDon4299
Level 8
All I would really want at this point is support for dual double-sided 2280 SSDs, and upgradeable RAM. The thickness may have to increase a bit, but I can take additional battery life alongside that.

Optionally, the entire motherboard could be swappable as well, but I know at that point this computer would be viewed as an absolute fantasy.

Before anyone else comments, I know the first two requests sound a little ridiculous as well, but people also thought the same for upgradeable SSDs not being possible in tablets as well and look where we are today.

If the RAM sticks at the current compact laptop size are not small enough, perhaps the industry should work on a smaller, more compact standard that helps retain that degree of upgradeability.*
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for your feedback, be sure to comment in the feedback thread for notebooks:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127439-Make-Notebook-Improvement-Suggestions-Here!

Skiwee
Level 7
Finding a 2230-sized SSD is a challenge and at this time capped at 1TB (once I can upgrade to a 2+TB I'll forget about this post), It would have been nicer if it was compatible with a more common form factor, I would have loved seeing 2280 as an option.
I do wonder if performance is better/worse if it had been (temperature-wise).
Anyway still bought one for entertainment while on the road/traveling. I'm very happy with it and hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

darz81
Level 7

Well I have the 2230 2tb drive now, was a breeze to install, is the same speed as the unit I replaced, so its as fast as when I purchased the unit a year ago. To be honest, for me the unit is perfect for portability and gaming on the go.