cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Flow X13 GV301QE Boot Without Lid Open

CylonRaiderOne
Level 7
Hello! New to the forum, loving my new ASUS Flow X13 GV301QE. I have this setup to an external monitor and USB hub. I am wondering, is it possible to boot this system up without opening the lid? I'd prefer to just leave it on my desk, closed at all times. With the lid closed, if I hit the power button to turn it on, nothing happens. I know about the windows power settings to tell windows what to do when you close the lid, however, it wont boot with the lid closed. I understand why it may be limited to no boot while the lid is closed. I know for a few of my other systems, I can disable that feature in the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

av1982
Level 7
I would like to know this too!

CylonRaiderOne wrote:
Hello! New to the forum, loving my new ASUS Flow X13 GV301QE. I have this setup to an external monitor and USB hub. I am wondering, is it possible to boot this system up without opening the lid? I'd prefer to just leave it on my desk, closed at all times. With the lid closed, if I hit the power button to turn it on, nothing happens. I know about the windows power settings to tell windows what to do when you close the lid, however, it wont boot with the lid closed. I understand why it may be limited to no boot while the lid is closed. I know for a few of my other systems, I can disable that feature in the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

dejanh
Level 8
You need a USB-C dock to achieve what you’re wanting. You cannot do it with the laptop’s own power button. No such feature exists. The machine also does not support WoL so don’t bother with that either.