Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Broked My G751JT And Tries To Sell New Motherboard

Halil
Level 7
Hi,
I will write my issue like daily log.

On 04.13.2018 My G751JT's screen stopped working. I wasn't panicked because everything else was perfect, i mean still working also that was friday noon so i can't send to service for finding the issue because of UPS not working weekend and i must backup all my stuffs, projects before send.

As i mention before everything works perfect except screen, i was using TV as screen via HDMI and i used my laptop for 4 days without any kind of problem.

I have pictures while i used my laptop perfect except screen.
I Sort Pictures by Date.
and videos: ( I forward to youtube because this website does not let me share more then 1 video. so i will share most important)
Video 1 of playing NFS without problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLhOktuvm8
Video 2 of playing NFS without problemhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIn89JSm38
Video 3 of playing NFS without problemhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gR-_R8HLA

After playing 2 hours I did Stress test both CPU and GPU for 10 minutes. and this is result:
As you can see my laptop was working perfect except screen.
Then I backup my Drives:
73581 you can see date bottom right of screen (barely) i taked this picture on 04.15.2018 on picture 15.04.2018 because i am using metric system on my laptop.

And I want to mention again my laptop works perfect(except screen) all the time.

So i decide to send my laptop for finding the issue if they priced high why i have to repair ? i can buy new monitor or TV so i can use them like screen.

On 04.17.2018 I sent my laptop via UPS without problem UPS Track Number: 1ZW44R056846187675
you can see Asus Receive my laptop on 04.18.2018

And That's the REAL PROBLEM STARTS HERE:

Asus Service guy called me and says:

You don't have warranty (ofcourse i know i purchased on 2015 in USA) and continued Your Laptop don't have any kind of life signals. We tried both HDMI and VGA ports it's not working.

I was like What ? and i told him my laptop works perfect before sent.

He told i don't know but your laptop don't have any kind of life signals, it's usually happen when motherboard damaged if you give permission of 3820 TRY we will replace with new motherboard or if you don't accept the price we will send you back.

I was so pissed off something happen to my laptop and he try to sells me new motherboard. so ofc i deny the price and they send my laptop back. on 04.20.2018

I received my laptop back on 04.24.2018 you can check UPS Track Number: 1Z069V2F6800251431

And I checked too my Laptop was DEAD !
Pictures: I sorted by Date

And yes something happened in Asus service and my laptop was dead keyboard, power button, rog logo(behind the screen) won't lights up.

I am living in Third World Country ( Turkey ) so i was thinking maybe they did something to my motherboard so they can sell me a new one.

But when i check my laptop's back i saw something weard:
You can see a warranty stickers on my laptop even i don't have warranty. Even I don't have it. So i can't check my laptop's inside if i found missing or broken they will blame me "you open your laptop we know you did something etc."

btw i called Asus Support before i got my laptop back and i told them i have proof my laptop was working perfect except screen and she told me: email them please so i sent pictures and videos with email.

And when i get my laptop back on 04.24.2018 a women called me on Asus Support and she says i saw your pictures and watched your videos, your laptop working except screen and asks me for send my laptop back so, i did it in same day you can see UPS Track Number:1ZW44R056846847943
As you can see they got my laptop on 04.25.2018.

And Today Same women called me and says yes your laptop don't working and we checked video record of Service we will send you to your email.

I asked her can you send 3 days of record so i will know camera records don't touched. She told me: No, we just send when we got your laptop scene.

After I check Video record ( I upload to youtube so i can share with you guys)

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE MY LAPTOP WORKING PERFECT EXCEPT SCREEN ! WHEN HE PRESS THE HOME BUTTON EVERYTHING LIGHTS UP !
Video of Getting my laptop on 04.18.2018 (She told the date. and video's file name was my ups track number)
UPS Track Number: 1ZW44R056846187675

You can see they got my laptop safe. everything works except screen. on 04.18.2018 so something happened or they did something in service and my laptop is dead when he called me 04.20.2018

Second Video they sent it's recorded on 04.25.2018 (She told the date. and video's file name was my ups track number)
UPS Track Number:1ZW44R056846847943
Forwarding to Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyS0AqlFaL8

When I watched first video i saw my laptop was working perfect except screen so i called Asus Support and ask them to Connect to my Support Women.
She says okey she will call you.

When she called me, I asked her "did you watch the videos"
she says "yes"
i told her "So you can see my laptop was working on 04.18.2018 but not working when service guy called me on 04.20.2018. so why the hell happened to my laptop in Asus Service so my laptop was death ? "

She says "keyboards, power button, Rog logo lights up but screen doesn't " I WAS LIKE WHAT ?? WOMEN I SEND MY LAPTOP BECAUSE MY SCREEN DOESN'T WORK

Then she replied yes, now i get it and I will forward to the authorities.

and before ends the phone call she says i will contact with you on wednesday.

Now, dear members. I have every kind of proof for my laptop was working perfect(except screen) before sent to asus service.

If they don't fix my issue. Dude I don't even want free upgrade, repair etc.

I JUST WANT MY LAPTOP BACK LIKE OLD( EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT EXCEPT SCREEN ) I CAN BUY NEW MONITOR AND CONTINUE TO MY LIFE.

I will prepare lawsuit if they don't do anything. I have every kind of proof for my case.
halilmentes.com
30 REPLIES 30

Clintlgm
Level 14
Where are the pictures of how you packed it up for shipment? Usually what can happen is the notebook gets damaged in shipment.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Where are the pictures of how you packed it up for shipment? Usually what can happen is the notebook gets damaged in shipment.

Look's like you don't understand the issue
When I sent my laptop it was working perfect except screen.

Asus Service receive my laptop on 04.18.2018 and video recorded of case opening and you can see it's still working except screen.

But they called me on 04.20.2018 and he says your laptop don't have any kind of signals, Lights etc. but you can see on video keyboard lights up. But he calling me 2 days later of case opening and saying your laptop dead... they did something to my laptop and broked.
halilmentes.com

Halil wrote:

Look's like you don't understand the issue
When I sent my laptop it was working perfect except screen.

Asus Service receive my laptop on 04.18.2018 and video recording of case opening and you can see it's still working except screen.

But they called me on 04.20.2018 and he says your laptop don't have any kind of signals, Lights etc. but you can see on video keyboard lights up. But he calling me 2 days later of case opening and saying your laptop dead... they did something to my laptop and broked.

I understood what you said, all I was pointing out is that shipping can be very hazardous to your notebook Usually the original box would be inside another box with serious packing to prevent any jarring around in shipping. You may have a case against the shipper.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I understood what you said, all I was pointing out is that shipping can be very hazardous to your notebook Usually the original box would be inside another box with serious packing to prevent any jarring around in shipping. You may have a case against the shipper.

You absolutely don't understand

Asus Service Got MY Laptop ON 04.18.2018 AND MY LAPTOP WORKING PERFECT EXCEPT SCREEN you can see on the video they sent.
But after they got my laptop safe they called me and says "your laptop is dead" but he get my laptop safe ? you get it ? they got my laptop SAFE and Working.
But after 2 days he calls me and says your laptop is dead ?

What are you talking about Shipment was perfectly safe and fast. Asus Got My Laptop in 21 Hours Safely. As you can see on video when he press the home button everything works except screen.

But after 2 days, he called me and says your laptop is dead. I AM ASKING WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAPTOP IN 2 DAYS. They broked and tries to sell new motherboard.
halilmentes.com

Halil wrote:
You absolutely don't understand

Asus Service Got MY Laptop ON 04.18.2018 AND MY LAPTOP WORKING PERFECT EXCEPT SCREEN you can see on the video they sent.
But after they got my laptop safe they called me and says "your laptop is dead" but he get my laptop safe ? you get it ? they got my laptop SAFE and Working.
But after 2 days he calls me and says your laptop is dead ?

What are you talking about Shipment was perfectly safe and fast. Asus Got My Laptop in 21 Hours Safely. As you can see on video when he press the home button everything works except the screen.

But after 2 days, he called me and says your laptop is dead. I AM ASKING WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAPTOP IN 2 DAYS. They broked and tries to sell new motherboard.

The only help you can get on this forum would be to PM cl-albert he is the Customer Loyalty representative in these forums and an Asus employee. While you're not here in the states he can get you in contact with the Customer Loyalty Rep for your area.

The rest of us are just users helping other users and we have no contact with Asus other than working with cl-albert
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
The only help you can get on this forum would be to PM cl-albert he is the Customer Loyalty representative in these forums and an Asus employee. While you're not here in the states he can get you in contact with the Customer Loyalty Rep for your area.

The rest of us are just users helping other users and we have no contact with Asus other than working with cl-albert

I am talking to cl-Albert since 04.21.2018 everyday even sometimes more than a message per day but sound like this forum only help USA Customers. I hoped some HQ saw this thread and contact with me like Bahz.
halilmentes.com

Halil wrote:
I am talking to cl-Albert since 04.21.2018 everyday even sometimes more than a message per day but sound like this forum only help USA Customers. I hoped some HQ saw this thread and contact with me like Bahz.

Bahz is gone, all we have now is cl-albert and he is USA Based every now and then some Asus tech support guys come in but there the same ones that are on the phones and email. Not really much help at all.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Bahz is gone, all we have now is cl-albert and he is USA Based every now and then some Asus tech support guys come in but there the same ones that are on the phones and email. Not really much help at all.

So you are saying if Asus Turkey if not fixing my laptop then i have to stop asking help here and just open a lawsuit case ?
halilmentes.com

Halil wrote:
So you are saying if Asus Turkey if not fixing my laptop then i have to stop asking help here and just open a lawsuit case ?

You ask me - BIG YES !
Although you should sue shipment company as well - since you don't know whom and at which point they broke your PC.

PS - when I send my G751JT to Asus labs for the Gsync upgrade, I got my laptop back scratched all over.
Then when I needed to ship it back, I needed to wait 6 times ( which are different days of course ) till the shipment company had the right box for my PC { it's 17 inch for G sake, there are much larger screens out there }
Local Asus didn't believe me the laptop got scratched demanded photos of BEFORE state - and ignore my request for compensation, due to wasting my time waiting 6 different days for the pickup that arrive each time { from the computer lab } with incompatible box size.

Even after a long chat with Bahz, nothing came out of this
He eventually said something nicely like it seems you'd been indeed frack-up by your local Asus. sorry can't help

My lessons

• I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN.
    As the 'computer guy' for my family and close friends I told them all my story and my recommendation to them is to STAY AWAY FROM ASUS.
  • Before any shipment of any product into warranty - film video of its working state and image its cosmetic state from all faces.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]