cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus & admins - this sub-forum need changes !!!!

Gps3dx
Level 12
Hello there all,

In the recent weeks, this forum have changed its face from a place ppl can share info, in a professional/scientifical/detailed way, to a place where every kid poll and debate the latest game in the market !

ASUS & DEAR ADMINS !
Isn't the point of this sub-forum to be a place where discussion about the ROG latest laptop occur ?
How come Posts like THIS allowed in this forum ? Its place is in the "PC Gaming" or "General Discussion" sub-forums !
How come post like THIS don't get closed by admins because of being false, misleading and because there are at least TWO MAIN THREAD about that subject already !
In addition, how come you let hundreds of new thread on a single theme - windows x problem - to be post here ?!
and if you think it is the right place - why don't you enforce that discussion on a similar theme be written in 1 SINGLE thread ?!?!

Don't you Asus want to LOWER the RMA /support calls count ??
Don't you think, that a premium product, such as the G75x serie (etc.. ) should have a premium forum, with daily administration ??

This forum should have the following:

• At least THREE sub-forum:

• Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking
    • OS & driver Issues: Windows, Linux etc
    • Other: General talk, reviews etc...

• an ACTIVE admin that daily/twice a-day visit the G75x-sub-forum and that:

• make sure that thread of repeated theme closed and directed to a some MAIN thread about the theme.
    • make sure that thread in the wrong forum are transferred to the right sub-forum.
    • Monitors and act ASAP against trolling & AD threads ( that happened lately, and for some reason it took A LOT OF TIME for the admin to react, ( if at all, i'm not updated ))

• if ASUS/current admins, cannot keep up with the flow of new thread, PLEASE GIVE OTHERS THE POWER TO DO SO: ENLIST NEW ADMINS/CO-ADMINS for this sub-forum !

If this notion of available & viable administration is odd for you, please visit XDA Developers, and watch the organized forum they got ( P.S - their extent of business is way smaller then ASUS corporation, BUT THEY HOLD MUCH LARGER FORUM, thanks to the fact that they disperse administration ! )

NO WONDER - if the current ASUS approach of handling this forum, that the rate of RMA calls will continue to be high !
NO WONDER - if the current ASUS approach of handling this forum, that IT professional such as I will grow tired of this forum mediocrity, and stop/lower comments with professional help !

IT IS ABOUT TIME FOR ADMINISTRATION CHANGES !!!!!
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]
12 REPLIES 12

Korth
Level 14
Praz and Chino are active, not sure about their official status but they certainly know their stuff well and have some sway with Asus.

Marshall and Raja are official ROG reps, but I don't see them online a lot and they seem to post here infrequency.

Specific complaints will probably be addressed more promptly if you send them PMs, lol. I personally like internet forums which aren't overpoliced, it'll never be perfect and it doesn't work everywhere but (aside from that really annoying spammer) the visitors at this forum are generally well-organized and suitably respectful, we come here to get help or offer help or talk about stuff which is gaming/ROG-related.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Praz and Chino are active, not sure about their official status but they certainly know their stuff well and have some sway with Asus.
Marshall and Raja are official ROG reps, but I don't see them online a lot and they seem to post here infrequency.

Neither Praz nor Chino are administrators. MarshallR has moved on so the current administrator is Bahz. Raja still comes here but this forum is not his primary responsibility.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

toronto699
Level 13
I will add my 2 cents , there are many very knowledgeable persons here , if u ask a question , if they know the solution they give it freely , if question was answered many times they link u or point u in right direction or right place in the forum with the solution. That's all most users expect or want . And those Knowledgeable people ask for no Reward . My first time on these forums with my first post was a pleasure as I was Greeted by some of the Regular Asus Forum users with , "Welcome To Rog." That little Gesture Was Amazing. Thanks to all the Helpful Ones ,
U All Rock , Rog