cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus abandons old ROG G74s

BRuceK
Level 7
My OLD rog g74 is sold old that when I upgraded to windows 10 creative. It crashed and could not be repaired by Microsoft or Asus. So Asus's Advice is stick the the old outdated abandoned Windows 7 operating system. :mad:
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Well, if it was me I'd try reformatting the drives and reinstalling Win 10 from media to ensure it wasn't just a fluke. Otherwise I'm not sure what you expected Microsoft or ASUS to do. ASUS can't change Microsoft's operating system and Microsoft isn't going to make changes for such an old hardware platform.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Tinksmum
Level 7
I see this is a pretty old thread, but FYI, Linux Mint 19 fixes the obsolescence probiem of Win 7 and the privacy issues with Win 10 and seems to take easily to G74sx hardware. Been running it since the first of the year (2020) and everything runs like a champ. I already had a second HD present so I switched the bays, made Drive E: into drive C: and did my Linux install there. All the windows files are accessible from the Linux side (including G74sx.bin on the root) so while it is easy to boot into windows if I want, I practically never need to.