cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival of G752VY - Questions....

Signal2Noise
Level 9
I received my new G752VY yesterday. Other than the horrid keyboard font it's a pretty nice unit with 32GB ram and 256GB SSD. I'm still getting it all set up. A couple of Q's about it...

-For wifi it has an Intel AC 8260. Is this a good card? If not, is it easy to replace? Where is it located? I remember on my G74SX it was a bit difficult to access with big fingers. I may upgrade my router soon but for now I still use an ASUS RT-N66U.

- Those two rubber plugs cheaply tethered to the back fan exhaust grill....leave on or take off? Not sure of the purpose....?

- nVidia CP indicates Gsync is active. Is there an actual way to tell if this is indeed true?

-I've uninstalled McAffee (using Norton) and ASUS Gift apps. Anything else I should be removing?

Apologies for seemingly noob questions, I've been out of the laptop tech loop for a number of years. 😞
G74SX-DH71 | + 256GB Crucial M4 SSD , 16GB DDR3 SDRAM, Intel Centrino 6230 WiFi, Win 8 Pro
Peripherals: Steelseries Ikari laser mouse, Razer Ferox speakers, Audioengine D1 dac, Shure SRH840 headphones
12 REPLIES 12

Clintlgm
Level 14
Congrats on the new notebook, WiFi card would be in the not accessible area of your new notebook.
The 2 rubber plugs are to prevent dust build up when you are not using your notebook. So take them out when your running and put them back in when not using it.
What you remove is up to you. ATK package is needed and hardware drivers are needed. Asus Support Downloads has all the latest drivers tested for your notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Simao
Level 7
1- from wifi cards and change, i dont understand much of this
2- the 2 rubber plugs: when you are using the laptop you take them out, when you turn of the laptop/dont use him, you can put them in the plaace
3- to see the g sync go to the nvidia control panel (right key of the mouse and you got it), and then inside, find a option where says g sync options or configurations.
There, you can see if the g sync is one, and manegament is options.
4- about the apps, i cant tell you, because what is importante for me, cant be for you.... but, i unistalled the web-storage, asus gift box.

Enjoy your laptop,

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Intel AC 8260 are currently the best wireless card notebook can get. With PCIE 3.0 X4 , up to 867 Mbps, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz dual band, Intel V pro, Bluetooth 4.2!

if you were thinking about Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 killer , pffff... that sucks. Trust me, i've been struggle when using this card at G751. Drivers issues, pings issues.. argg..Just bunch of false advertisement junk.

Signal2Noise
Level 9
Cool, guys. Thanks for the replies & feedback. Just keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions.

I've just ordered an Alienware Orion M18X backpack, hope it fits!
G74SX-DH71 | + 256GB Crucial M4 SSD , 16GB DDR3 SDRAM, Intel Centrino 6230 WiFi, Win 8 Pro
Peripherals: Steelseries Ikari laser mouse, Razer Ferox speakers, Audioengine D1 dac, Shure SRH840 headphones

Signal2Noise wrote:
Cool, guys. Thanks for the replies & feedback. Just keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions.

I've just ordered an Alienware Orion M18X backpack, hope it fits!

I just ordered the Asus ROG Nomad V2 Backpack, since I heard it was bigger and would fit the new G752VY series. I ordered a G752VY-DH72 last night, so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!!!

Is the Alienware backpack made by Alienware, or is it made by Mobile Edge? Just curious why you would get an Alienware bag for your ASUS laptop. It's like putting a Ford car cover on your Chevy. ;):D
"In the real world, some are destined to rehabilitate...what others strive only to destroy." - CD 2008

Gaming Rig:
ASUS G752VY-DH72
Core i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 RAM
GeForce GTX 980M, 4GB GDDR5
256GB PCIeG3 x4 NVMe SSD / 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Certs:
C|EH, CCNA-Security, CCNA, LPIC-1, Sec+, Net+, A+, Project+

DecadenceFTW wrote:
I just ordered the Asus ROG Nomad V2 Backpack, since I heard it was bigger and would fit the new G752VY series. I ordered a G752VY-DH72 last night, so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!!!

Is the Alienware backpack made by Alienware, or is it made by Mobile Edge? Just curious why you would get an Alienware bag for your ASUS laptop. It's like putting a Ford car cover on your Chevy. ;):D

The pack is by Mobile Edge. I really don't care about branding, just wanted something reasonably priced and fits which according to user reviews it does.

Signal2Noise wrote:
The pack is by Mobile Edge. I really don't care about branding, just wanted something reasonably priced and fits which according to user reviews it does.

Makes sense, just didn't know if you did it because you thought the other case wouldn't work. But I see now that it's like half the price of the Asus one so that makes sense. Good stuff.
"In the real world, some are destined to rehabilitate...what others strive only to destroy." - CD 2008

Gaming Rig:
ASUS G752VY-DH72
Core i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 RAM

Certs:

leslie_jensen
Level 7
I got the nomad v2 and g752vy fits real nice in it. . Why are you Getting the g752vy now if the new one g752vs is comming oct/sep with 1070/1080 ? I just returend my g751vy hoping for asus to get There finger out

Sendt fra min SM-G900F med Tapatalk

leslie_jensen wrote:
I got the nomad v2 and g752vy fits real nice in it. . Why are you Getting the g752vy now if the new one g752vs is comming oct/sep with 1070/1080 ? I just returend my g751vy hoping for asus to get There finger out

Sendt fra min SM-G900F med Tapatalk

Don't keep up with this stuff anymore really and didn't know the new one with the 1080 was coming out soon. But I got mine for $2,100 and I doubt the new one will be less than $3k with the same configuration. I'm not trying to spend $3k on a laptop. Plus, I'm headed to Afghanistan and need the computer by next week.

Gaming Rig:
ASUS G752VY-DH72
Core i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 RAM

Certs: