cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running W10-Creators Edition on a G752VY or G752VT ?

davemon50
Level 11
I've been avoiding the update to W10 Creators Edition on 3 machines due to the number of problems I'm seeing others have with the update. I own both these Asus models (in title) for me and my son, and am wondering if anyone has update and is running this edition successfully, and may have any tips.

The other day I checked on my son's G752VT and noticed somehow Windows Update had actually snuck in the Creators Edition update on that machine (or my son did it without me knowing, lol). It seems to be running okay, knock on wood. So I'm now thinking about updating the G752VY, and want to know how many of you have done this successfully?

The third machine is a desktop with the R5E10 so not asking about that one under this forum section for G-books. 😉
Davemon50
11 REPLIES 11

Gustave
Level 9
In the beginning of my G752VY I swapped the original NVMe SSD for two Samsung 950 Pro's in RAID0. I copied the Windows 10 installation of the original SSD (where I first went from Home to Pro) to the newly created RAID0 boot drive. After that I updated the Windows 10 setup with all the updates distributed after that. Never really had a problem!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancients
Level 10
I have a G752VT and installed the creator's update. I had two issues that were easy fixes. The first issue was that the screen brightness was stuck at 100%, which I fixed by reinstalling my nvidia drivers. The second issue was that the trackpad was stuck as being always on, which I fixed by reinstalling the drivers for it from the ASUS website. Overall it wasn't too bad, just minor weirdness that tends to happen with Windows Updates.