cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone have G46 and G55 Msata ssd drivers?

JwPwns
Level 10
for those of you that owns a G55 with msata ssd, would you please check your bios and give me the version of bios / drivers you guys have? I would really appreciate it if someone can give me some information on how the msata is working.

ps: I know the G46 takes half sized msata ssd but you can still fit a full sized with a tweak here and there, I havn't done it yet but once I figure out the drivers and the issue other people's are having with their msata I will give this a go! 😛 anyways thank you in advance.
Asus G46 vw
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

5 REPLIES 5

rewben
Level 13
we don't need any additional driver to use mSATA SSD.

so the msata is just plug n play? do you know where I can find compatible ones for G46
Asus G46 vw

ggBanks
Level 10
In any website or shop where they sell mSATA SSDs...
They are not brand and model specific! Its like a USB drive that can plug into any computer that has USB, no matter if it will be Lenovo, ASUS, Dell or any other for that matter.

well I found some msata ssd and there's this compatibility list I saw on their websites, they listed normal SSD drives for Asus G46 but the msata drives are not compatible. I just pluged in my Patriot Pyro ssd and it worked like a charm but I want to use the msata and the HDD it came with.
Asus G46 vw

ggBanks
Level 10
What does it say on the compatibility list ?