cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to disable (or remap) the One Click To Record key?

rlcronin
Level 7
The new key at the top left of the G751 keyboard (which does nothing more than bring up a window showing me how to record my gameplay) is driving me CRAZY. I hit it 90% of the time I am trying to hit ESC. Ideally I'd like to be able to remap it to ESC, but I'll settle for a way to disable it altogether. Any ideas?
--
bc
10 REPLIES 10

Oddible
Level 7
Would love an answer to this. ASUS has provided these feature keys but zero way to do anything with them, and they don't do what I want and cause more problems than they're worth.

- Would love to disable the One Click Record key (as like the OP, 90% of the time I try to hit ESC in a fast game situation I click it and it minimizes my game).

- Would love to be able to have the Steam key open Steam in desktop mode, not in the absurd big picture mode which is more relevant for touch screen laptops (which this is not) or living room computers.

1337brian
Level 7
The steam key question has been answered in the stickys of this sub forum. As for the shadow play button you turn it on in the nvidia settings and it only works when you're in game.

gary_manasco
Level 7
I'm a day away from returning this machine if there is no way to disable that button. I did not pay such an absurd amount of money for a gaming platform to have my games interrupted every time i want to hit escape.

Korth
Level 14
If pressing the key just clicks it on, what happens when you hold it down? Maybe just "permanently" tape it flat.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

NitroX
Level 10
You have 2 solutions: One is to read this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?56496-G751-How-to-change-the-Steam-Shadowplay-buttons-and-B...

The second will be to go in GeForce Experience and Enable the ShadowPlay option. While ShadowPlay is enabled, the recording button won't get you out of the game, but instead it will start/stop recording the gameplay.

Now, I know that both solutions aren't the best but they are momentarily ones until someone comes up with a better solution.

To be honest I don't have any issues with pressing the ShadowPlay button. The best solution would be to be patient for 2-3 weeks because after you will acomodate with the keyboard you will stop pressing the Shadowplay button by mistake.

NitroX wrote:
You have 2 solutions: One is to read this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?56496-G751-How-to-change-the-Steam-Shadowplay-buttons-and-B...

The second will be to go in GeForce Experience and Enable the ShadowPlay option. While ShadowPlay is enabled, the recording button won't get you out of the game, but instead it will start/stop recording the gameplay.

Now, I know that both solutions aren't the best but they are momentarily ones until someone comes up with a better solution.

To be honest I don't have any issues with pressing the ShadowPlay button. The best solution would be to be patient for 2-3 weeks because after you will acomodate with the keyboard you will stop pressing the Shadowplay button by mistake.

I found the best workaround for me was to enable shadow play and then use the Nvidia GeForce Experience tool to change the key that initiates recording to a different key on the keyboard (using the gear icon under the ShadowPlay on/off switch, highlighting the "Toggle manual recording on/off and save" selection under Keyboard Shortcuts and then pressing my chosen alternative key, which I made an Alt-combination to reduce the chances of hitting it by accident). Agreed, not perfect, since I'd rather not have ShadowPlay on all the time, but give it a try. Maybe it will be good enough for you.
--
bc

Did as rlcronin stated, except I just :
1. click in field `toggle manual recording on/off and save`
2. press backspace once/twice- None as result in this field, so not shortcut at all.

I just have to say that I agree on the stupid placement of this key.

Any normal computer user looks for esc at the top left of the keyboard.

Corporal
Level 9
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey
rename ATKRecHelp.exe -> ATKRecHelp_off.exe