cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any issues with a Grainy Display on the newer model G55?

Coolmatt49
Level 7
Hello all! I'm interested in picking up the new G55VW-DS71 laptop, specifically this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+12GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5...

A little backstory, a few weeks back, I purchased the G75VW-BBK5 and fell in love with the machine. However, I noticed it had a very grainy display, similar to the effects of having grease applied to the screen (same result as touching your finger on the screen). I understand that this is an anti-glare coat that is usually applied to matte displays to make them less likely to glare under direct light. I noticed both my machine and the display at the store had this issue. Because it was overwhelming and continued to bother me, I returned it.

After seeing now that there's a newer model on Best Buy in a 15.6" version with a different model number, I became interested again. So now I ask you all, have you all experienced any differences in the display between these newer models compared to the old ones or even between the 15" and 17" models? Has the grainy display issue been fixed? Thanks for any help on this 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

caghangir
Level 7
I have g75vw-rs72 and i have same problem.This is very annoying and i have also curiosity that every anti-glare matte screen has the same grain problem??

MaXimus711
Level 10
yes my screen is the same, i didnt know that before

matte screens are a piece of crap

We must do something that.Before i bought i didnt know anything about that grain problem.Is the service can change type of our screens to glossy?