cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Recovery and dual layer DVD's?

Niko838
Level 7
Hey,

I've just received my G55 and I've been thinking about making the recovery discs and I think I have two DL DVD's lying around somewhere. Does the AI Recovery accept dual layer DVD's or do I have to use "normal" DVD's?

Tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it, so maybe you guys know?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Not sure, why don't you put one into your burner and find out? 🙂

Yeah, sure 🙂 I'll give it a try later today and report back. I'm at work now so I thought I'd ask first as after I get off I have time to go buy the DVDs if necessary, but trying it myself should've been the first option, sorry 😮

Niko838 wrote:
Yeah, sure 🙂 I'll give it a try later today and report back. I'm at work now so I thought I'd ask first as after I get off I have time to go buy the DVDs if necessary, but trying it myself should've been the first option, sorry 😮

Hey no need to be sorry, you had a genuine question. Maybe someone here will be able to give you a definitive answer to your question. But, a good idea would be maybe pick up a pack of DVD's just in case..at least you will save yourself a trip just for 10 bucks worth of blank discs lol

Cecil_2099
Level 11
I can confirm that it doesn't work. I burned mine to dual layer and still needed to use 3 of them. I checked the ISO sizes and they're for regular-size DVDs.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

Cecil_2099 wrote:
I can confirm that it doesn't work. I burned mine to dual layer and still needed to use 3 of them. I checked the ISO sizes and they're for regular-size DVDs.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'll get some regular DVDs then...

A bit odd that ASUS hasn't taken dual layer DVDs into account.