cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few G750-JX Questions!

red05usa
Level 7
Hello!

I just upgraded my G71GX with a new order of my G750JX, which should be here early next week (and I'm quite excited). The machine looks like a beast, but I have a few questions I'd love answered to prepare for when it gets here.

I have a 42mm m.2 NGFF SSD, which I was told was compatible with the G750JX (also shown from here -- http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/m.2-ngff-ssd-compatibility-list.html -- ). Is there some motherboard slot I can stick this into, or should I start trying to put it to other use? If there is, where can I find it (and would it void warranty getting to it)?

Secondly, in the G750 version with "256GB SSD RAID0", is that in the 2.5" drive bay?

Lastly, could someone tell me which motherboard the G750JX uses?

Specific model in case that matters : G750JX-TB71

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Sayid_Jarah
Level 7
a lot of questions i cant answer but the 1 i can is yes raid 0 exists in the 2 2.5" bays possibly a third via the bluRay drive using IcyBox adapter.

NGFF is news to me so thanks for that one ill look into it! .. and im sure if u googled hard enough u might find the mobo model number

best of luck!
CURRENT ASUS ITEMS I OWN:
-ASUS ROG SWIFT GSYNC MONITOR
-ASUS GL703GS gtx 1070 laptop
-ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO III ROG MOBO

PREVIOUSLY OWNED ITEMS:
G750JX ROG LAPTOP
p8z68v-pro
-ASUS STRIKER EXTREME II
-G751JT ROG LAPTOP
-ASUS MAXIMUS HERO II ROG
-ASUS STRIX GTX 970

As far as I'm aware the G750JX doesn't come with mSata, it comes with a 2.5mm solid state drive and a 1TB Mechanical drive, sometimes even without the SSD. The one you linked seems to only have the mechanical drive.

If you want to use your mSata, you may need to grab a daughterboard or which ever they're called and plug it into the drive bay, not sure if you need a caddy for it or something.

The 256GB SSD RAID 0 is rubbish I believe, it's actually a normal sized 256 SSD partitioned into two 128 gigabyte drives. (At least mine was) It's not RAID 1. So your mSata chip might be useless. There's no slot on the motherboard dedicated for inserting the single chip as far as I'm aware.

The Motherboard is Custom Built by Asus