cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A beginners guide to video performance / graphic settings

cheek
Level 9
Read this and learn some stuff. Liked it cause its in slightly layman terms. Thought I will share.
I'm pretty there are some 'beginners' here....

http://lifehacker.com/5985304
5 REPLIES 5

rewben
Level 13
@cheek, thank you; a nice read.

Tomislav
Level 11
+rep. good job!
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Thank you for this.

For someone like me it's a great help. I've always known enough about computers to be dangerous. lol

I just made the switch from console gaming to PC gaming and I'm loving it so far.

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea nice read.. can be informative for people who are new to pc gaming... Although i highly reccomend you guys do not use Nvidia experience and all that optimization bollox lol. Its just bloatware that applies recommended settings for your system.. You can usually achieve much higher settings and even better fps by manually tweaking .ini or .cfg files within the game aswel as modifying your control panel settings 🙂

@skiiermike: Yea there is no comparison when it comes to PC and Console gaming :cool:

srmojuze
Level 10
Yes... Best technique is set everything to max, then overclock as high as possible, then start to switch off one setting at a time and see what happens, until it is smooth enough for you. 😄