cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Games ASUS G53SX-NH71

Max1m0
Level 7
Gentleman,

I just order ASUS G53SX-NH71 so i need to know is the any chance that i can play games in 3D ? Please let me know what i need to play 3D Games?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

octiceps
Level 7
You need to connect it to a 3D-capable display because this particular model does not come with a built-in 3D monitor. Also for your information running a game in 3D will halve the frame rate compared to running it in 2D since each frame has to be rendered twice to achieve the effect. Don't expect to be able to run cutting-edge games at high settings and resolutions with 3D turned on with this laptop.
ASUS G73Jh | Intel Core i7-740QM | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5 | 6GB Hynix DDR3-1333 | Seagate Momentus 640GB 5400 RPM HDD | HD+ 1600x900 Display | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 | vBIOS 93 | AMD Catalyst 12.3

Also i would like to upgrade my memory to 16 GB and i want to change my hard drive to SSD .... please recommend me best hardware for replacement ....thanks

Any DDR3 RAM with 1333Mhz will do but I prefer the one focus on gaming as it will make a difference.
As for SSD, Corsair / Kingston SSD is famous in my country.

Read the reviews, pick out which components fit your preferences or budget.

Also, there is no point in getting 16 GB of ram, especially for a laptop.
ASUS G73Jh | Intel Core i7-740QM | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5 | 6GB Hynix DDR3-1333 | Seagate Momentus 640GB 5400 RPM HDD | HD+ 1600x900 Display | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 | vBIOS 93 | AMD Catalyst 12.3

I received machine before 10 days ...since that i did not have any issues ...running great everything ....

Please give me models of HDTV's that's are they compatible with my laptop for 3D gaming? From nVidia they said that i can't use monitors :((

Hello Emir,

Thank you for the update.

As per the information provided by you, your laptop does not seem to have a Dual Link DVI port, hence you would not be able to use a 3D ready Monitor with the Laptop, however you can use a 3D projector or a 3D TV with the laptop using the HDMI/VGA for Projectors. please refer the below link for the requirements of the Projectors and the TV

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-system-requirements.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html

I will look forward to your reply to assist you better.

Best regards,
Shreyas
NVIDIA Customer Care