cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D button not working after reinstall driver

fatehwaharp
Level 7
hey guys. got a problem here. I just received my G55VW 3D version back from the service centre. they replaced my motherboard, then when i turn on the laptop i need to re-install most of the driver, including the graphic card driver.

all process was very smooth . but only this one thing is the button next to power button doesnt work to turn on or off the 3d display as before i send it to the service centre anymore. so when i press the ROG button it change the Home4Gear setting which is the entertainment mode, high performance, and etc. so how can i turn this 3d function back on?

thanks
25 REPLIES 25

fatehwaharp
Level 7
still the same here is the pic of installed drivers http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1039/savesss.png

fatehwaharp wrote:
still the same here is the pic of installed drivers http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1039/savesss.png

Have you tried looking in services under "nvidia" as pictured below?
See if the service is started.

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

rewben
Level 13
hm.. i suspect that they didn't install the connection that triggers 3d functions in your laptop properly, since you mentioned that it's just came back from maintenance.

fatehwaharp
Level 7
Thanks for the reply guys. I'll go back to the service centre then. for the 13th time. Sigh

rewben
Level 13
13th time!? you're kidding, right?!

ColonelS
Level 9
😮 13th time?!

omg... please do keep me updated
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

siddique305
Level 7
Did'nt Really Get You!

Just send my g55vw to the service centre again. They also do t know what is the problem. And yeah I'm not sure it's 13th or not. But more then 10th times I go to the service centre.

fatehwaharp wrote:
Just send my g55vw to the service centre again. They also do t know what is the problem. And yeah I'm not sure it's 13th or not. But more then 10th times I go to the service centre.

I think you should ask the Asus service center for a new replacement unit, and not a refurbished one!!
(there known to do that)
your unit has made the trip for service too many times.
It's very clear that your unit was defective from the get go!!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:

I think you should ask the Asus service center for a new replacement unit, and not a refurbished one!!
(there known to do that)
your unit has made the trip for service too many times.
It's very clear that your unit was defective from the get go!!
[/QUOTE

Man... Try Reinstalling The Hotkeys Package!