cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D button not working after reinstall driver

fatehwaharp
Level 7
hey guys. got a problem here. I just received my G55VW 3D version back from the service centre. they replaced my motherboard, then when i turn on the laptop i need to re-install most of the driver, including the graphic card driver.

all process was very smooth . but only this one thing is the button next to power button doesnt work to turn on or off the 3d display as before i send it to the service centre anymore. so when i press the ROG button it change the Home4Gear setting which is the entertainment mode, high performance, and etc. so how can i turn this 3d function back on?

thanks
25 REPLIES 25

rewben
Level 13
that's the behavior of non-3d versions. check your nvidia control panel for stereoscopic 3d. to confirm, you should also have nvidia stereoscopic 3d usb controller listed under the usb controllers section in device manager.

if it's absent, well, you need to send it back to the service center and tell them what happened.

siddique305
Level 7
Go To Nvidia Control Panel> Enable Strerioscopic 3D.. From Here I Think You Know What To Do Next..!

rewben
Level 13
hm.. you can give it a try. however, my g55 is a 3d version; i don't enable stereoscopic 3d, when i press on the rog button it shows 3d enabled/disabled overlays.

fatehwaharp
Level 7
at the nvidia control panel the streoscopic tab dont show up . my g55vw is 3d version.

fatehwaharp wrote:
at the nvidia control panel the streoscopic tab dont show up . my g55vw is 3d version.

Just Download The Driver Again And When Installing Click In Express Install! That Should Give You The Serioscopic 3D option Mine Is A G75 And Its A 3D Version Too

rewben
Level 13
i'm so sorry to say that a trip to the service center is your only option 😕

this time tell them you have a 3d version, and explained to them that the rog button doesn't work as it should.

fatehwaharp
Level 7
but the NVIDIA streoscopic 3d usb listed under the usb controllers section in device manager.

rewben
Level 13
@fatehwaharp, please try what @siddique305 suggested first because it might really solve the issue.

rewben
Level 13
@fatehwaharp, please try what @siddique305 suggested first because it might really solve the issue.