cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Monitors on G75VW?

Aliasmk
Level 7
I'd like to get three monitors (two externals + laptop display) working with my G75VW. I have the GTX 670M 3GB card.
I've tried to get all three working but can only get two working at once. Any combination of monitors, plugged into any combination of the choice of MiniDisplay, HDMI or VGA ports.
(As a side note, the computer seems to prefer the Laptop Screen as well as the HDMI first, then Minidisplay, then VGA.)

I've read online and called nVidia tech support, but they have all said that the M cards only support 2. However, I've read on this forum, as well as on Alienware forums and other places online that 3 displays is possible. (I've even seen a picture of the G75VW with 3: http://i50.tinypic.com/mwayxl.jpg)

Thus, right now, I'm not satified with a no.

Does anyone have 3 or more monitors working on a 660M or 670M? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how you have set it up.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Yes, was able to get this working a few months ago as in this thread G75vw - connect 2 external monitors and still have a Win7 G75Vw unit if more testing is required, but it went pretty smoothly for me using the analog vga and hdmi outputs.
My G75Vw has the GTX 660M 2Gb card, but sounds like it will make a difference if you have the GTX 670M instead as Desani reminded me about below.

Wondering if you are running Win7 or Win8 (shouldn't matter) and if you are running the approved G75VW vga driver from the ASUS download site, or if you are using a different vga driver.

Anyway, happy to work with you on this if you are interested. Thanks.

Desani
Level 8
There was a thread about this issue a while back. From what I remember, the outcome of the thread was.

The GTX 660 is able to support up to 4 monitors because of the Kepler architecture.

The GTX 670, being still the older architecture, is only able to support a max of 2 monitors. I believe the limitation is built into the card and different drivers will not change the abilities.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.
Asus G732LWS
Geforce GTX 2070 Super
Intel i7-10875h

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the correction/reminder Desani.

I found a couple threads below that agree with this, so unfortunately, sounds like it will make a difference for G75VW external monitor support if you have the GTX 670M instead of GTX 660M graphics.

g75vw && two monitors
G75 and 3 display ports. Can you run 3 different displays at same time?