cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 major problem on my g75!!!

caghangir
Level 7
My laptop is asus g75vw-rs72 and i have 2 major problem.

My first problem is ragged screen problem almost after i have got my laptop.My screen is 17.3inch FHD anti-glare matte screen and its like rough.I dont know exactly but i see like pixels and i tested my screen with dead pixel programs and i havent got any dead pixel i suppose.But screen is irritating when i look at especially in light color and my screen is looks rough.İt is like dirt and nearly black colored but i cleaned screen with LCD Cleaning Cloth.I installed last nvidia driver(304.79) and every program is upto-date.I have to say that these very very little points or pixels or something is distrubutioned homogenly in screen and these are visible but like dirt screen.I also tried to change my screen frequency 60 to 67hz and again nothing changed.I dont know if i can show in my screenshot.

My second problem is sometimes when i watch movie ,listen music or playing games screen is freezing 2-3seconds.And when its freezing voice come like robotic ,irritating and shrill.This freezing dont be stable at time.I cannot know exactly when it will be.VIA Hd audio deck is driver of 6.0.1.10400.

I sent my laptop to service but they only did recover and reinstall drivers but when i come back it there was nothing changed.I still have these problems .Please am i only have these problems or what .Help me :(((
5 REPLIES 5

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Hi caghangir,

The screen you have is a matte screen. With matte screens there is a slight graininess (Kind of like film grain) This is the nature of matte screens and cannot be resolved. Normal glare screens use their shiny coating to distract you from this.

As far as the screen freeze. Are you using the factory install or fresh?

caghangir wrote:
My laptop is asus g75vw-rs72 and i have 2 major problem.

My first problem is ragged screen problem almost after i have got my laptop.My screen is 17.3inch FHD anti-glare matte screen and its like rough.I dont know exactly but i see like pixels and i tested my screen with dead pixel programs and i havent got any dead pixel i suppose.But screen is irritating when i look at especially in light color and my screen is looks rough.İt is like dirt and nearly black colored but i cleaned screen with LCD Cleaning Cloth.I installed last nvidia driver(304.79) and every program is upto-date.I have to say that these very very little points or pixels or something is distrubutioned homogenly in screen and these are visible but like dirt screen.I also tried to change my screen frequency 60 to 67hz and again nothing changed.I dont know if i can show in my screenshot.

My second problem is sometimes when i watch movie ,listen music or playing games screen is freezing 2-3seconds.And when its freezing voice come like robotic ,irritating and shrill.This freezing dont be stable at time.I cannot know exactly when it will be.VIA Hd audio deck is driver of 6.0.1.10400.

I sent my laptop to service but they only did recover and reinstall drivers but when i come back it there was nothing changed.I still have these problems .Please am i only have these problems or what .Help me :(((
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Service recovered system and updated my driver.When i back it my laptops like when i first take it as software.

Shawnnepc wrote:
Hi caghangir,

The screen you have is a matte screen. With matte screens there is a slight graininess (Kind of like film grain) This is the nature of matte screens and cannot be resolved. Normal glare screens use their shiny coating to distract you from this.

As far as the screen freeze. Are you using the factory install or fresh?

But this is rog laptop and i bought rog laptop for incredible hardware and view.That means every g75 users have this problem.I cannot believe know!! Because really annoying when looking 😞

The graininess is strange, because I have a matte panel on my G53SX, and it is not grainy at all. Maybe that is because the panel is smaller, so the graininess is less noticeable, I don't know.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Screen size is not important to grainness.Thats weird that you dont see any grains on your screen!! I'm very angry to asus.This is rog.It says they are the best of bests of all laptops.But display seems pice of crap :mad::mad::mad:

Kamil
Level 8
If you have not uninstalled the pre-installed antivirus software do so immediately. Literally any other option will stop the random stuttering.