cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X16 Flow keyboard issues

maticks81
Level 8

does anyone know how to fix an issue when you type you get randomly a doubled up character on the keyboard.

It is completely random never the same keys and can happen zero times in 15 minutes or three times in a 5 second period.

I have tried uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it but there is no keyboard drivers.

Has anyone seen this and knows a fix for it?

7 REPLIES 7

world

Hey Maticks, 

A lot of times doubled up character inputs are due to some kind of hardware reason, but that's also usually for specific keys that keep doubling. Since you're getting the double presses on different keys instead of consistent ones, it suggests the issue might be more on the software side

A few questions for you:

Have you always had this issue on your computer, or this something that started up more recently? (if more recently, have you installed any new software around the time the issue started?)

Does this issue happen if you're booted into safe mode?

Does it happen if you're using another keyboard plugged into the laptop?

Thanks!

It doesn't happen if i connect a bluetooth keyboard at all.

Only when i use the built in keyboard.

The only thing i did was a BIOS update and started happening.

Thanks for the info! A couple more questions for you-Which BIOS version are you on now, and which model of the Flow X16 do you have? Finally, any chance you were able to test in safe mode to see if the issue still occurs?

I have the GV601RM.313

Cant find the bios version but its the latest that poped up before I did my reinstall but now the history is gone of that update.

Can you try updating to the latest BIOS for your laptop? Worth a try if it started happening after a BIOS update. Can you also confirm if the problem persists when you're booted into safe mode? Thanks

Hi Asus,

I have run the latest BIOS update it didn't do anything when it rebooted so it must have that already.
I can't really RMA the laptop at this stage because I've already got my ASUS TUF gaming X670E-Plus Wifi that won't post sent back for RMA.
This is my only machine i have for work at the moment.
I guess I haven't had much luck with ASUS at the moment.

Fouadz
Level 8

I remember it happened to me once, might sound wird that the fix for me was plugging any other random keyboard, typing with it, and then unplugging it, after that, the keypad on my laptop was working just fine, good luck

Mejores sillas gaming

Trying to be a better gamer day by day