cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow X16 limit to100 Watt

pjfry84
Level 7

Hi there,

I have a ASUS ROG Flow X16 Notebook. At home I use the XG Mobile 4090 and all work great. But I also travel a lot and want to game on the go without the need to use the big240 Watt power brick. So I have a 100 Watt USB C charger which works really great if I use the laptop and do not game. But if I start any game it also use / drains the internal battery. Is there any way to limit the total system power to 100 watt?

Thanks

Tegrads
benny

6 REPLIES 6

Bogus5
Level 12

Of course it is possible. Your computer's main consumers of power are the CPU and GPU, and you can limit their power consumption.

thanks for your answer. Can you please explain how to do this? Thanks. 

Bogus5
Level 12

In ASUS hardware, "Armory Crate" is used for this purpose, but there are a lot of applications of this type.

pjfry84
Level 7

Thanks for your help. I tried to achieve this with Armory Crate, and I am able to set the power limit to my CPU. But I do not find a power limit for my GPU. Is there no "easy" way to just limit the total power to 100 watts?

Thanks

Take a look at "MSI Afterburner".

andibo
Level 9

I don't think that there is a possibility to adjust power consumption to a specific Wattage.
You can try the power saving modes like "Silent", "Eco" and reduce the display frequency in Armory Crate or GHelper.
With the other tool it's also possible to use the high perfomance modes with 3rd party power supplies (but that's the opposite of power saving 😉 ).