cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty void for installing SSD?

farazk86
Level 7
I recently bought the G20CB locally and had not been registered so I registered it when I booted it up and did a fresh install. I feel the i7 processor is held back by the slow 1TB HDD. I already have a 128GB samsung SSD and would like to use that as my primary.

But looking at the help videos online I can see that for one it is very hard work to get the SSD bay, but aside from that I will have to break the warranty sticker to open the case.

Why is that even there? Desktops are there so that we can upgrade easy plug and play parts like SSD and RAM ourselves.

What are my options now? How do I get an SSD in there without voiding my warranty?

Do I even have a warranty just because I registered the product only yesterday after buying it locally and not from an authorized reseller.

If I cant install SSD myself, will ASUS install it for me free of charge?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
You can probably get an authorized service center to install and document it so it doesn't void the warranty but like I teach my kids, nothing is free. I'm sure they will charge you for it.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
You can probably get an authorized service center to install and document it so it doesn't void the warranty but like I teach my kids, nothing is free. I'm sure they will charge you for it.*

Thats unfortunate.

Is there any way I can check how much warranty I have left? If its out of warranty I might as well just do it myself and not care about the seal

Thanks

xeromist
Contact ASUS support. They should be able to tell you if it's still under warranty and whether that would be covered.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…