cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20 Overhaul

Urzu_7
Level 7
So I just got a G20 and I decided to replace the stock 760 with a 980, add an SSD and upgrade the HDD. The GPU was tricky but I managed however, 43904it looks like adding the SSD and replacing the HDD is near impossible. And tips?
260 REPLIES 260

My 4790K hovers around 4300Mhz at all times on performance power setting.

bloodyhell18
Level 7
does anyone know of any 5 gen cpu that will work in the Asus Rog G20AJ?

gdourado
Level 7
The G20 that says it comes with a hybrid drive of 1tb hdd and 32gb SSD, does it come with a separate 32gb 2.5 inch SSD?

Cheers!

gdourado wrote:
The G20 that says it comes with a hybrid drive of 1tb hdd and 32gb SSD, does it come with a separate 32gb 2.5 inch SSD?

Cheers!
From that description you already have the answer, the 3.5" HDD is a hybrid with 32GB SSD cache built into it, there is not a separate SSD.

gdourado
Level 7
If I add my own ssd, can I set it as the boot device in bios and then clean install windows?

gdourado wrote:
If I add my own ssd, can I set it as the boot device in bios and then clean install windows?
Yes, just like any other system. You can get almost all of these answers from the existing threads on the forum.

gdourado
Level 7

Zmira
Level 7
Hey guys!

I have the G20Aj with the i7 and GTX980 in it. The 1TB HDD and the 128GB SSD. My question is if it's possible to swap out the 128GB SSD with a bigger one? I already have one lying around and would love to swap it out so I could have more space for games as I want all my games installed on to the faster drive. If it's possible, how should I go about doing this? Any tips/pictures are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

markboston
Level 7
if my g20 came with the big power brick that has two plugs one for system and other for card am i set? or do i need to get the second supply talked about in this thread?

Hey mark, whats your PSU power rating?